[Anniversary] Revised National Objectives

• Since the NOs in AA50 are easy to attain for the axis and harder for the allies, I’ve thought up a few changes which might make this a little more balanced. Let me know what you think.

Japan

OOB: Gain 5 IPCs if Axis control at least one of the following territories: Hawaiian Islands, Australia, and/or India.

I suggest changing this so that the Axis must control at least two of these: if japan wants the money, it would force them to not simply do a calcutta crush, it will make them go east or south as well.

The rest seem ok

Russia

These ones aren’t so bad, although russia never collects the 10 IPC one very often, for good reason.

Germany

OOB: Gain 5 IPCs if Axis powers control all of the following territories: France, Northwestern Europe, Germany, Czechoslovakia/Hungary, Bulgaria/Romania, and Poland.

Could add Norway or Finland onto this, but it might make it too hard to achieve for Germany in 1941 setup, when the Karelia factory isn’t guaranteed to be German controlled by G1/2. If changing might want to remove France for balance, although historically france should be there. Plus, there are 4 objectives involved with the french territory!

OOB: Gain 5 IPCs if Axis powers control at least three of the following territories: Baltic States, East Poland, Ukraine, Eastern Ukraine, and/or Belorussia.

Could change it so that if Axis powers control at least four or maybe even all of these territories.

The other one can stay the same if using these changes.

U.K.

OOB: Collect 5 IPCs if Allied powers control all of the following territories: Eastern Canada, Western Canada, Gibraltar, Egypt, Australia, and Union of South
    Africa.

Change out Egypt for New Zealand instead, as once Egypt falls R2 (almost every time) UK will unlikely have any objectives to collect for a while.
    Another option (credit to axis_roll) is to say the the U.K. needs only four of the above territories to collect its NO.

OOB: Gain 5 IPCs if Allied powers control at least one of the following territories: France and/or Balkans.

So much attention is centered around France in this game, but it is a bit hard to change this one. Could change it to Norway instead of France, but that would be too easy, so maybe modify it so that:
    -Gain 5 IPCs if Allied powers control at least two of the following territories: Norway, Northwestern Europe, and/or Balkans.
    If you’re not worried about france being the center of so many IPCs, then don’t worry about this one. The other UK NO is ok, encourages combat in the pacific, which is always a good thing.

Italy

Not really any need to change these ones.

USA

These ones are alright as well.
    If wanting to boost China, you could have an objective for the burma road. It probably wouldn’t be open very often, though, considering Japan’s monstrous forces!
    -If Allied powers control all of India, Burma and Yunnan, China is allowed to get one artillery unit instead of an infantry unit on its turn.

Let me know what you think about these. I havent got the time to test these, as a year 12 student. I might print these out on my custom cards if they are okay.

Moderator’s Edit: Added tag [Anniversary] to title.

• We diminished the NO’s impact by making them only worth $4 each.

For the UK NO, our thought was Japan gets away with a 4 of 6 territories, why can’t the UK NO be like that as well:

“Gain 4 IPCs if Allied powers control at least four of the following territories: Eastern Canada, Western Canada, Gibraltar, Egypt, Australia, and Union of South Africa.”

• @axis_roll:

We diminished the NO’s impact by making them only worth $4 each.

For the UK NO, our thought was Japan gets away with a 4 of 6 territories, why can’t the UK NO be like that as well:

“Gain 4 IPCs if Allied powers control at least four of the following territories: Eastern Canada, Western Canada, Gibraltar, Egypt, Australia, and Union of South Africa.”

Ah yes, that is also a good idea. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll edit my original post :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m