Any gamers in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Youngstown/Erie/Buffalo Area?

• My name is Justin (Patchman123 and Patchaman123 from Harris Game Design) and I live in Cochranton, Pennsylvania on Creveling Road and I am looking for any Axis & Allies gamers who live near me. I live in Crawford County, which is south of Erie, Pennsylvania, north of Mercer, Lawrence, Venango, Clarion, Armstrong, Indiana, Allegheny, and Beaver counties in Western Pennsylvania.

I live in Western Pennsylvania and it’s rather lonely, only having my group home staff and my housemate Lee.  My group home staff Amanda is not interested in playing Axis & Allies, but she will play Monopoly and other games like it.  Jeremy is the only person whom I have played Axis & Allies with and he is the only one who really wants to.

It gets pretty boring at night when there is only my staff to talk to. Lee is in bed at this time of night. 
    Anyway, is there anyone who is willing to play Axis & Allies with me?

• I live just east of Pittsburgh, off the Turnpike.  I’m about an hour away from Grove City.
    I used to play Classic in the mid 80’s/early 90’s but have not played since. 
    I do have the AA50 now, and have played it once with my friends.  Would love to find more players in the area.

• I’m willing to do the Play by E mail (PBEM) variant on Triple A.  I might be travelling to Cleveland , could also stop by for a game.  Best way to reach me is through the email address below.

regards,

Jonathan Rost
    jonkrost@comcast.net

• @jonathan.rost:

I’m willing to do the Play by E mail (PBEM) variant on Triple A.  I might be travelling to Cleveland , could also stop by for a game.  Best way to reach me is through the email address below.

regards,

Jonathan Rost
    jonkrost@comcast.net

My email is justinroyek@yahoo.com.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I live in Northeast PA, and while I live a bit too far away to actually drive to where you are, I can tell you that there’s an Axis and Allies (Revised Edition) tournament coming up near Pittsburgh in July of this year.

Thread Link: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41731.0
    Website Link: http://www.boardgamers.org/

Let me know if you want more details and I can get them to you ASAP.

• Please send me the details on the Pittsburg tourney.

thanks,

Jonathan Rost
    jonkrost@comcast.net

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Date: July 21-22
    Time: Not yet posted, your best bet would be to turn up July to learn what the schedule is.
    Convention: World Boardgame Championships (Sponsored by the Boardgame Players’ Association, a group dedicated mostly to Avalon Hill Wargames).

Game: Axis and Allies: Revised Edition (2004).

We use a variant of the LHTR that caps each round at 4 hours. Adjudication is based on which faction controls a greater number of Victory Territories at the end of the time limit.

We usually do 3-4 rounds of Swiss style play (where you play opponents who are performing similarly to yourself), with the top 4 players being determined after a point (based on win/loss record), and then having a playoff to determine the champion.

Directions to the venue, costs and other information is all available via the links I posted above. Hope to see you there! We had about 16 players last year and it was a blast!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m