Breaking News - Shapeways.com

• Any update on these sculpts?

• @EBard:

Narvik and all: I’ve been trying to keep my pieces roughly the same size as the original factory pieces so that they take up as little space on the board as possible, but I’m certainly open to offering a scaled up set if there is interest in that. How much bigger would you want them to be?

Thanks,
    EBard

Not much, 10 % bigger should do it. I think they should be slightly bigger than the factory. Then I will buy all sets again.

• @EBard:

Here is the list of city markers I’m currently planning to make. I’m open to making one or two more if there is strong interest in additional cities.

New Victory Cities:
    Honolulu: Aloha Tower (done)
    San Francisco: Golden Gate Bridge (done)
    Manila: Post Office (done)
    Cairo: Pyramids at Giza (done)
    Stalingrad: undamaged tractor factory (done)
    Shanghai: Yu Garden (done)
    Hong Kong: Queen’s Building (done)
    Hong Kong: Wong Tai Sin temple (done)
    Warsaw: St. Alexander’s Church (done)
    Leningrad: Winter Palace (done)
    Calcutta - Dakshineswar Kali Temple (done)
    Ottawa: Parliament Building

Existing Capitals:
    Washington D.C.: US Capitol Building (redo to improve quality - done)
    London: Westminster Palace
    Paris: Eiffel Tower and Arch De Triumph
    Berlin: Reichstag building
    Rome: Colosseum
    Moscow: Kremlin
    Japan: Imperial Palace (redo to improve quality - done)
    Sydney: Harbor Bridge (redo to improve quality - done)
    India: Taj Mahal

Narvik and all: I’ve been trying to keep my pieces roughly the same size as the original factory pieces so that they take up as little space on the board as possible, but I’m certainly open to offering a scaled up set if there is interest in that. How much bigger would you want them to be?

Thanks,
    EBard

Fantastic news!!! Love the ideas and can’t wait to purchase!!

• Welcome to the forums buddy… the beginning of a great membership.

Thanks YG! So glad to be part of the community now. Greatly appreciate your kindness and encouragement!

• I just finished the last model for the first set of victory cities; tomorrow I’ll work on getting them uploaded to Shapeways. I’m going to order a copy of the models for myself to make sure everything looks good before I make the set public, so it’ll probably be about two weeks before you’ll be able to purchase the models.

Regarding the size of the models, I have been making them slightly bigger for this new set; each piece is about the size of two factories (similar to the Kremlin or Taj Mahal in my first set). A picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ve attached a top-down view of all my city models together. In the middle is a factory piece (highlighted in orange). Leningrad, Ottawa, and Cairo are more like 3 factories in size, while the US Capitol is 4 factories wide (I might shrink it down). I’ve also attached a side-view of all the pieces.

Do note that I have redone the US Capitol Building, Japanese Imperial Palace, and Sydney Harbor Bridge. I’ve made all three larger and increased the level of detail. The other capital city pieces are unchanged (Kremlin, Reichstag, Westminister, Arch de Triumph, Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, Colosseum) Correction: I did actually scale up all of the capital pieces, with the exception of the Taj Mahal. The picture on this post is of the new sizes.

CityMarkerSizes.jpg
    CityMarkers.jpg

• Looks great, cant wait to purchase the new sets. Even your old set was better than the Victor City set from Osses, and now this new set is getting even better. :mrgreen:

• Fantastic, EBard! Thanks for doing this! I will be ordering as soon they are available.

• I’ve decided to sell two sizes of my capitals and victory cities: a smaller sized set that is the same size as my existing capital pieces, and a larger set that is about 30% bigger (the one in the pictures above). I’m also splitting the victory cities set into two sets: one set containing the cities on the G40 Europe board and another with cities on the G40 Pacific board. There is no extra cost from doing this, it just provides purchasing flexibility.

I will order the smaller sized sets and verify they print successfully. Can I get 1-2 volunteers to buy each of the larger sets to make sure they print successfully? All I need from you is to tell me if anything is broken on the models when you receive them and if the size looks good. Here are the three sets I’d like to test, you can volunteer for one or more of them. I’ll send the purchase links via private message to the first two volunteers.

Capitals set (10 pieces. All except Taj Mahal are larger than original set. Includes updated US Capitol, Sydney, Tokyo): $35
    Europe victory cities (5 pieces): $27 (cost per piece is higher on this set because Ottawa, Leningrad, and Cairo are bigger pieces)
    Pacific victory cities (7 pieces): $27

Edit to add: I now have two volunteers for the Victory Cities sets, but I’ll take one more for the enlarged Capital Set if anyone is interested.

• Is there a link to buy these sets?

• '17 '15

Hey eBard, I will volunteer to buy both the larger European and Pacific set. Can I purchase them in ‘Frosted Ultra Detail’?  Thank you.

• calvinhobbesliker, the sets are not yet publicly for sale. As soon as we’ve printed a test set successfully then I will make them available to everyone and post a link here. Figure about two weeks till they are for sale.

Rand, thanks! I’ll private message you a link to those sets. Once you receive them, please private message me here or on Shapeways with your feedback. Oh and yes, you can purchase them in Frosted Ultra Detail (that’s the only material they’ll be available in due to the high level of detail).

• '17 '15

Thanks eBard.

Just ordered both the European and Pacific larger sets. As eBard mentioned, both sets were purchased in the ‘Frosted Ultra Detail’ finish.

European - $33.69 CAD
    Pacific - $33.70 CAD

S/H - $14.35 CAD

Estimated Delivery time is October 23 - October 31.

Will update as needed with pictures of new models.

Cheers, Rand.

• I now have two volunteers for the Victory Cities sets, but I’ll take one more volunteer for the enlarged Capital Set if anyone is interested.

• I would like to volunteer….still need one?

• '16

Are the new city markers being released in the original size, or only in the new, larger size?

• Trenacker, I’m releasing the new markers in both the original size and an enlarged size (about 30% bigger on average). So you’ll be able to pick the size (and cost) that works best for you. Every city marker I make will be offered in both sizes.

Leatherneckinlv, I’ve sent you a private message with the links to purchase the set.

All: I am all set now for testers. Shapeways is currently doing their manual review of all the models prior to printing them; so far no issues.

• I got the sets today and they are amazing. 3 sculpts are a tad too big in I think, pretty sure I got the big version. Beautiful pieces though…I recommend them highly

• Would like to see pics (of both sizes) next to infantry for comparison.

• I’m scheduled to receive the smaller set next Tuesday and I’ll get photos of the pieces up as quick as I can and will be sure to include an infantry and factory for size comparisons.

Leatherneckinlv private messaged me with the details on the sculpts and I should be able to easily rescale them. I’m still waiting to hear from the other testers to get their feedback. Hopefully if all goes well I can release the set for purchase next week.

• '17 '15

Leatherneckinlv,

Just wondering what pieces you thought were a tad too big. Hoping to get my pieces next week. Cheers, Rand.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m