Which games from the A&A family have you played?

• Please also list your favorite version too.

I’m partial to Revised.

• I personally own Revised and Battle of the Bulge.
    I have played also classic, third edition, Europe and Pacific, but only very few times.

My preference is for Revised, but I like also Pacific and I am considering the possibility of buying it. I have played it only three times and I am favorably impressed.

• 2007 AAR League

I own Revised and Pacific but I’ve played Classic, Europe, and the CD-Rom

• I have Axis & Allies Second Edition, Revised, Europe, and Pacific.  I am partial to Pacific, and in some repects prefer Second Edition to Revised.  I do not like the Revised map board, as it is too dark.  I am thinking of adding the destroyer and artillery rules to Second Edition, and using the newer plastic pieces.

I also have Xeno Games Pacific at War, and I am impressed with the rules, and may play that with the Axis and Allies pieces.  I have the Attack series of games as well, and I am looking at incorporating some to the ideas from there in the rules as well.  I like the technology and political action cards.

I have worked up a card event deck for the Allies in A & A 2nd Edition, and am working on the Axis deck.  I will be doing a deck for the A & A Pacific game next, with the Revised and Europe decks following in that order.

• I think we have a LOT of people marking “original” who mean Second Edition.  Almost no one has played First Edition A&A, it was VERY quickly updated to Second Edition “Classic” due to a MASSIVE imbalance in the game for the Allies.

• I supposed that the game I played was classic. But after what Switch said I am not sure. I do not own thata game, it is of a friend of mine, and I have played only three or four times. How is it possible to discriminate between classic and second edition?

• @Romulus:

I supposed that the game I played was classic. But after what Switch said I am not sure. I do not own thata game, it is of a friend of mine, and I have played only three or four times. How is it possible to discriminate between classic and second edition?

Check the cover of the rules.  If it is Second Edition, it will have a box in the lower right hand corner of the cover that says Second Edition.  On page 3 there will be a section called Rules Update.  If those are not there, it is First Edition.

• My Favorite is Pacific followed very closely by Europe.

• @timerover51:

@Romulus:

I supposed that the game I played was classic. But after what Switch said I am not sure. I do not own thata game, it is of a friend of mine, and I have played only three or four times. How is it possible to discriminate between classic and second edition?

Check the cover of the rules.  If it is Second Edition, it will have a box in the lower right hand corner of the cover that says Second Edition.  On page 3 there will be a section called Rules Update.  If those are not there, it is First Edition.

I can not look at the rulebook. The game is of a friend of mine that has gone to work and live in another city, and in this days is on summer holiday. Next time I will speak with him I will try to ask if he may look at the rulebook, so I will be able to understand which version I played.

I would like to try to discriminate between the two games, without having rules or box at hands, in order to correct my vote (I indicated classic but maybe it could be second edition) basing on what I remember of the game.

• @ncscswitch:

I think we have a LOT of people marking “original” who mean Second Edition.  Almost no one has played First Edition A&A, it was VERY quickly updated to Second Edition “Classic” due to a MASSIVE imbalance in the game for the Allies.

Commander in chief was removed (the imbalance that NCSCSWITCH mentions).

Also, units limits were placed on new complexes: same as the territory value.

In 1st edition, USA could drop a complex in China and drop 10 inf there if they wanted.

• Thanks Axis_roll! Then I have played the second edition, as I suspected after the post by switch, and now I may correct my vote!

• My favourite, not surprisingly for those who know me, is AAPacific followed by AARevised, AAEurope, AA 2nd Edition and DDay.  I haven’t played enough miniatures to form a decent opinion of the game and I own Battle of the Bulge but, believe it or not, have not played it yet.

SS

• '19 Moderator

I have actualy played them all.  I would have to say that my favorite is probably revised or Minis, I more regularly play expansions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m