• Hmm, thanks.  I’m thinking it might take me a while to get all caught up then.  I better get started.

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah, the edit mode is still in it’s infancy.  I think the eventual idea is to make an edit mode that would be pretty much as versatile as editing a map in ABattlemap (ie. just add or delete or move as many units from whatever territory to whatever territory).  Then you could just easily edit the map to the current state and start from there.  It might be a little way off though.

• 2007 AAR League

Problem identified: building fighters onto existing carriers.

TripleA does not allow you to place a fighter on an existing carrier.  If you

1. build a new carrier you can place existing fighters
    2. build a new carrier and new fighters you can place new fighters on new carrier
    3. build new fighters you cannot place on existing carrier.  I understand TripleA is based on OOB rules, but I believe the rules state that this is possible.

Thanks for Gamer for detecting this bug.

• Hey, I have a question.  Say I kill something, let’s say transports, but there should have been something else there to defend them.  How do I add back those transports?  I see the “Add Units” button, but how does it work?  And when?

• 2007 AAR League

The “add units” function doesn’t work yet  :cry: I’m told. The only work-around is to go back as many turns as needed to correct the error.

• 2007 AAR League

Yep, Frood is right, it’s on the TO-DO list…

• I still want an editable text file.  I have an idea on how it would work:

Each player gets a text file to input whatever they want.  Russia gets one, Germany gets one, etc.  Each text file is locked and encrypted (woha).

If one side wins, or one side resigns (put in a script to check victory conditions, and to see if all players on one side resigned), all text files are unlocked, and a commentary file is produced.  It’ll read like:

"Russia 1:

Fruud - "I decided to purchase two infantry, two art, and two tanks, and go with the Ukraine attack line.  Today, I had chicken for dinner.

Germany 1:

BagDady - “”

UK 1:

Mighty Airforce - “I built fighters.  MIGHTY AIRFORCE!  My airforce is mighty!”  Oh look, UK left his India fleet in range.

. . . etc.

That way, people that view a save game file can read whatever commentary the players thought of.

I’d actually rather have an audio file, but that would make .tsvg files really big, and not everyone has a microphone hooked up to their computer.

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

I still want an editable text file.

I do too.

I like the idea of adding it to the game file. I don’t find myself keeping a seperate file updated because it is not readily available.  For example, I started a log for my game with RJClayton but I did not stay with it since I found myself working on turns from different computers than the one the file was on.

I think that for my next game I will try again to keep a text file, only this time I will upload the text file as an encrypted zip file every time I post a turn.  That way I can always access the file and at the end of the game I can just post the password to the zip file.

• What I really want to know, is when is the AI going to be upgraded to something decent and competitive?

• 2007 AAR League

@General_D.Fox:

What I really want to know, is when is the AI going to be upgraded to something decent and competitive?

As soon as someone comes up with an algorithm that provides decent and competitive play.

Try it yourself.  Put together a short list of a 3 (or 5 or 7 or ???) rules that a particular player / nation can reliablly follow all the time that still generates decent and competitive play.

The teasers are here on the forum.  We talk about IPC costs and calculations.  We talk about infantry mechanic and shuck-shuck but in every single one of those discussions we caveat the “do this and win” arguement with a “unless the tactical/strategic/turn timing situation says otherwise” disclaimer.

The classic is the Japanese Infantry Mechanic marching on Moscow.  At what point do you always shift from making more infantry to making armor that will run up to the front line and lead the assault?

Another is when (if ever) should Japan insert a spoiler attack into Alaska / WCA?  Is it OK to take a loss in the IPC exchange in that attack if it disrupts the shuck-shuck for 1 turn?  How about 2 turns?  How many IPC loss in the exchange per turn of delay in the shuck-shuck?

Should US strike back at Pearl or cut the losses and run?

Should the Allies do a KJF or a KGF?  How much does this depend on bid placement?

• Um, okay.  Touche. :oops: :?

• Ok, I seem to be having trouble loading up a file into TripleA.  I load up the file, press play, the game starts to load up the file, but the main page disappears, and then once it’s done loading, it shows the last country’s turn with the three options of “View,” “Post,” and “Go to next country.”  I press the “Next turn” button but nothing happens.  And a box pops up with techno-babble/game speak which I have no clue as to what it’s attempting to say.  And I can’t seem to play any games.  Please help. :oops:

• You aren’t stuck in “View History” are you?  Try going to “View” then selecting “View Current Game”, or something like that.

If that doesn’t help, post screenshots.

• 2007 AAR League

Hey, I have a bug report…

Well kind of a bug report…

The autosave file does not include dicerolls as they are happening.  I don’t know how often it saves but it if it saved during dicerolls it would be nicer…

• 2007 AAR League

G.D.Fox, I’m assuming your problem is fixed since you have been posting turns.

Baghdaddy, I think the autosave file is set to save at the completion of each phase.  Your suggestion is noted.

I like the idea of a text file, but the text file I was thinking of would be posted with your turn summary each turn.  It would basically include all the trash talking that you get in normal PBF games but is sorely missing in TripleA games.

• 2007 AAR League

• When setting up a PBEM, what is the game ID supposed to be?

triplea16186.tsvg

• Nevermind, I figured it out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m