• Had a defeat this Sat.  I felt the game went very well and I used a lot of new pieces so as always I learned something.  I’ll try to give you a summary this week.  I just don’t have the time right now.

Opposing force:

3 Church Crocks
    1 Centurian
    5 Shermans
    2 Rhinos
    2 M5’s
    1 Humbar
    1 Hawker Typhoon
    1 M36
    2 Mortars
    Red Devil
    Ammo Dump
    6 Rangers

My set up

2 Vet Tigers
    3 Panther D’s
    1 Nashorn
    1 Brumbar
    1 Puma
    1 250
    2 mortars
    1 spotter
    6 sspg’s
    hero
    1 para
    ammo
    fuel
    2 snipers
    1 mg42
    2 were wolfs
    1 SSHF

• Been a while let give you my reflections on this game.  I think the rest of my games will have a screen upon set up.

I placed first going with an even spread upon the field.  Left: Brumbar/Puma/Panther  Middle: Nashorn/Vet Tiger/Panther  Right: Vet/Panther

He stacked my Right side with 11 tanks and swarmed me.  Nashorn took out Approx 55 points.  But I lost a vet first round which really killed me.Â

My Puma who I’ve been itching to use for ever finally got the nod.  Killed a sherman and damaged a rhinobefore going down.  Also used my werewulf’s. I placed 1st and was able to deny nice cove for the ammo dump my ME 262 took care of it 1st round.

Re: Comparison between Panther G and Panther D.  I’m starting to suspect that the G is worth the extra 14 points.  I lost my D’s fairly easy and I know in previous games that he had a hard time ending my G’s .  I think my next on will field more G’s perhaps those SS PZ IV’s as well I really can appreciate that determination ability now.

Axis Fan Out

P.S. I actually played the Russians last Thursday in my strategy club at school.  The grop loves High points low unit.  I was a real good Tank battle.  The group is really getting into it .  I think I have provided their parents gift ideas for the next several months and to listen in on the coversations they are really getting the hang of it.  2 of my guys went to a local tourney and won 1st and 3rd place.  Pretty cool.

Axis Fan out

• I learned a lesson with my Nashorn today.  It was my first battle with it and I took it in way too close and of course lost it due to its low armour.  Better to find a field of fire and sit way back!

• Mine was in a center hex in the hills and upon deployment it was one of those cringe moments.  He had a Typhoon.  The funny thing is he didn’t use it on the Nash so I was able to bump it off mid game.  I’m please with the results 55 point to 45 cost I’ll take that any day.  If it wasn’t for the mortor and the Improved Indirect fire it may have been higher kill points.

Axis Fan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m