Question regarding Major IC in general

• Supposing you had the IPC’s, could you upgrade a Minor or place a Major and put 10 units there on the same purchase? �Or do you have to wait a round?

• A major can only be placed on a territory worth 3 IPCs or more, and also one of your original colored territories (can’t place them on captured territory). You can upgrade a minor to a major for 20 IPCs, but on that turn you can still only place 3 units. If you bought a major (didn’t do upgrade), you can’t mobilize that turn.

• @WILD:

A major can only be placed on a territory worth 3 IPCs or more, and also one of your original colored territories (can’t place them on captured territory). You can upgrade a minor to a major for 20 IPCs, but on that turn you can still only place 3 units. If you bought a major (didn’t do upgrade), you can’t mobilize that turn.

Not sure about that, makes zero sense that you cant upgrade and use it but you can buy and use it

I dont think you can use any ICs untill the turn after you purchased them, and you cant use the upgrade untill the turn after either

• @WILD:

and also one of your original colored territories (can’t place them on captured territory).

Actually, it’s one with your roundel printed onto the territory, so Japan can’t build major ICs on the mainland, except in Korea.

• @Uncrustable:

@WILD:

You can upgrade a minor to a major for 20 IPCs, but on that turn you can still only place 3 units. If you bought a major (didn’t do upgrade), you can’t mobilize that turn.

Not sure about that, makes zero sense that you cant upgrade and use it but you can buy and use it

I dont think you can use any ICs untill the turn after you purchased them, and you cant use the upgrade untill the turn after either

You need to re-read what I said (think you misinterpreted). You can’t use any newly purchased IC (major or minor) the turn you purchased it. What you can do though is if you are upgrading a minor to a major (for 20 IPCs), you still get to mobilize 3 units from it. You are utilizing the abilities of the minor IC that was there from the beginning of your turn.

• @Little_Boot:

@WILD:

and also one of your original colored territories (can’t place them on captured territory).

Actually, it’s one with your roundel printed onto the territory, so Japan can’t build major ICs on the mainland, except in Korea.

Your right, I should have included “your roundels” in my description of original owned territories to clarify. There is some confusion with Japan starting the game with captured original Chinese tt.

• Can I get a link to the rule you are referencing in regard to originally colored territories?

“Major industrial complexes can only be built on originally controlled territories (this includes upgrading minor ones). Likewise they may not be upgraded when captured. Major industrial complexes are reduced to minor when captured. The original owner of the territory may upgrade it if the territory is recaptured.”

Is all I can find on our “Alpha” ruleset.  I’m not arguing, I’m just curious if Japan can build a Major on Manchuria or Kaingsu - or if it has to include the national territory icon in order to be considered “originally controlled”

• @Spendo02:

Can I get a link to the rule you are referencing in regard to originally colored territories?

“Major industrial complexes can only be built on originally controlled territories (this includes upgrading minor ones). Likewise they may not be upgraded when captured. Major industrial complexes are reduced to minor when captured. The original owner of the territory may upgrade it if the territory is recaptured.”

Is all I can find on our “Alpha” ruleset.  I’m not arguing, I’m just curious if Japan can build a Major on Manchuria or Kaingsu - or if it has to include the national territory icon in order to be considered “originally controlled”

Again sorry for the wording of “originally colored territories”, it was a poor choice of wording on my part (as Little_Boot pointed out). A tt has to have your roundel on it to be considered one of your original tt’s. You can’t build a Jap major on Manchuria, or Kaingsu (they are Chinese original tt’s).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m