• So i am just getting started, take a look Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
    My brother and I are trying to get into minis, here’s what I bought today.

first off I bought two 1939-45 starter sets off of Amazon, then I went to Ebay and bought the following for myself.

–------------------
    Defiant Paratrooper (UK) x6
    M7 Priest                    x1
    SMLE riflemen              x4
    Kangaroo carrier          x1
    Spitfire mk1                x1
    eagle eyed NCO            x1
    Inspiring Lt.          (UK) x2
    Royal engineers            x2
    Piat Gunner                  x3
    6 pounder antitank        x1
    17 pounder antitank      x1
    Bren gunner                  x3
    Canadian infantry          x3
    Inspiring hero (UK)          x1
    Vickers machine gun      x3

Is this an adequate army? I was pretty much just grabbing things I heard of.

• Not a bad start!  You could field a decent British/Commonwealth army with what you have there.  You are a little short on AFV’s(armored fighting vehicles) but if you keep scrounging ebay you should find some good deals.  I have also ordered some custom made units from this guy:  http://www.gamodls.com/  He is an independent seller and has a nice selection of units for the major powers, including some units not covered in A&A and most of his stuff is $4 a piece.  I would recommend hitting any local gaming stores in your area, I have found D-Day and Contested Skies boosters for ~$10 when they are selling online for $25-$30 each.  A single Higgin’s landing craft can sell for $40+!!!  I have 4 now but only got 1 from a booster and traded for the rest.  Good Luck!

• Ebay is the place.  Also, try buying boosters cases and you will be able to build multiple armies, one for you and one for your brother.  do a search ob axis and allies mini boosters and you may hit a gold mine.  Also, trying contacting the seller and see if he will sell you multiple case for a deat, IE 3 for $200, plus shipping.  This will give you nearly 225 units.  Good luck, Dan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m