GLOBAL MAP AVAILABILITY FOR MOUNTING AT HOME

• Thanks…anything else let me know.  Looks like I have to do some amending after all.  Will redo and repost amended map.

• Map updated and errors addressed…thanks for the input everyone :-)  I think its right now but anything else let me know.

link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13F1QLF0

• This is an awesome idea. Only if you are particular, but when they numbered sea zones they missed out on the Caspian Sea which you can build units in, so i guess that would be sea zone 128…no biggy though.

Also what size could you enlarge this to before you lose quality i dont mind putting together pieces of paper to make the map up…i think stationary stores have printers or copiers that do A0 or A1 size paper or would you keep it to the original size of the board game?

• I suppose it could go fairly big before it starts to lose some quality but it should do nicely for a map about 1.5 times the game boards.  Thats what I was aiming for, something about 1500mm x 800mm.  Whoever does your printing just make sure its scaled to suit your needs.

• The original board is around 1750mmx800mm.

I think the best solution is to design a new map based on the original one with a better resolution. I never tried anything but IL does indeed have the skills to make one. I may try tough.

• Hi Noll…thats what I did the fix-up for…decent resolution and it should be good out to around 2m.  see http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13F1QLF0

• @nimitz1:

Map updated and errors addressed…thanks for the input everyone :-)  I think its right now but anything else let me know.

link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13F1QLF0

Columbia – Colombia
    Equador --> Ecuador
    Portugese Guiana --> Portuguese Guiana
    Rio de ***??? --> Rio de Oro
    Eire is missing (Pro-Allies)
    Crete is missing (Pro-Allies)
    Anglo-Egypt --> Egypt
    Tanganeeka Territory --> Tanganyika Territory
    Tsagaan Olom --> Tsagaan-Olom
    Line Island --> Line Islands

And cosmetic changes that I would personally prefer:

( Pro-Allies), ( Pro-Axis) and ( Impassable) all have a space after the opening ‘(’ but not one before the closing ‘)’. Either use space on both sides, or on neither side.

And maybe you could divert that seazone 5/6 line a little bit to coincide with the Amur-Korea border? :-D
    And if you really want to be perfect, a cosmetic change to make Quebec and New Brunswick border, to remove the ambiguity?

• Hey

Hawaiian Islands needs 1 IPC.

• and I’m sure everyone meant to say cool beans:)

• Nimitz,

Have you finished this project yet?  Any photos of it?

• Not yet…real life has caught up with me recently and I’ve had less time on my hands than I expected.  I’ll post here when I get it underway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m