Transport rules don't make much sense.

• The rules for transports, to me, are the hardest to figure out.  The rules seems to indicate you can start the round with no units on the transport.  Put units on it sail two spaces away and drop them off all on the same turn.  Therefore places like Japan can build units on one turn and on the very next turn have them in Asia.  Or the US can transport units in the UK the same way.

Too me that’s being too liberal with the transports.  I think they should be allowed to load or unload in a turn but not both.  Plus I can’t figure out how transports are allowed to unload while still at sea.  They should have to move onto the land.  So getting into the sea zone is 1 move then coming ashore is 2.  Because amphibious assaults require just that- the boat comes to shore.

• '10

The rules as you state them are correct.  The only way you wouldn’t be able to load and then unload a transport on the same turn is when you load your units on to one of your allies transports then you must wait until the next turn to unload them.  I think if transports worked the way you wanted them to industrial complexes would become very popular in this game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m