Need help with a Russain Tactics when I am sending US to Pacific.

• I normally attack Ukraine and West Russia on turn one before germany attacks but I am thinking of mixing it up.  I want Russia to be able to survive and give germany trouble.  I am not expecting the Russians to be killed off by Japan because I am going to send the US into the Pacific to try and capture an island with a major navel build up.  Britan will arrive to help Russia after it’s fleet is built.  I am not sure whether to abadon Africa to the germans in this stragedy or build an IC in South Africa to push them out with two tanks a turn but it will slow the help that Britan can send to Russia.

How effective is letting Ukraine live and attacking Belorussia instead.  I know it would leave Germany with an extra fighter and closer to Caucus but I wanted to mix things up.  By not attacking Ukraine I figure I would preserve a lot of my Russian forces that get destroyed pushing germany back.  Do you think this will be effective or do you think it will bring the Germans to Moscow quicker.  I want to buy Russia as much time as possible while US trys to cripple Japan and then Britan arrives in Europe.  Also any advice on what to do with Africa would be appreicated.  My oppponet normally puts his fighters in West Europe and puts alls his ground forces in position to counter attack any american landing on turn one in africa.  So I was going to that fleet to join up with the Pacific fleet I am building.  Thanks for any advice

• in my opinoin i would abandon africa and try and land a good amount of units on western euroupe (spelling?)

• '16 '15 '10

-Re your comments on African strategy it depends on what your opponent does G1.  It isn’t clear from your post whether he/she will hit Egy or leave the units in Libya.  I’m not big on the SAF factory but it could work ok if USA is going Pacific…Allies shouldn’t be in danger of losing it in any case.  You may also want to consider an India factory …unlike SAF its in the middle of the action and will help you weaken Japan, and down the road you can use it to pump tanks into Africa or even assist Russia.

-Hitting Belo and WR is a tried and true opening in Revised, and is no doubt similarly effective in 42.  The drawbacks, compared to WR/UKR, are not killing those German units, and leaving Cauc potentially exposed.  The benefits are having more units in position to deadzone Karelia in the early stages of the game.  While in Revised the hope was that the Russians could blitz Norway in conjunction with this move, here the benefit is potentially trapping whatever units are in Norway by preventing them from combining in Karelia with units from Eastern Europe.

Belo/WR is worth a shot, but I’m not convinced its better then WR/Ukr.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m