What expansions can I use with this edition?

• My friend and I recently picked up this game, and I was wondering, what expansions can I use with this version?  I know the rules have been changed, so I’m wondering if there is any way of incorporating older versions or if there are any official expansions for this one.

Also, is there any way I can makeshift modify the 1942 edition back to the revised edition?  I’ve printed off a list of the rules changes, but I’m wondering if there are any IPC values on territories or other map changes, or anything else, that I would have to change as well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this!

• @Verboten86:

My friend and I recently picked up this game, and I was wondering, what expansions can I use with this version?  I know the rules have been changed, so I’m wondering if there is any way of incorporating older versions or if there are any official expansions for this one.

Also, is there any way I can makeshift modify the 1942 edition back to the revised edition?  I’ve printed off a list of the rules changes, but I’m wondering if there are any IPC values on territories or other map changes, or anything else, that I would have to change as well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this!

Hey there. I’m not aware of any expansions/scenarios for 1942, it might be too soon for them since the game got released a few months ago and all the attention seems to be focused on AA50.

1942 is essentially a ‘revised’ Revised. The map changes are on North America (W. Can doesn’t connect with C. US, SZ55 and SZ63 anymore) plus the addition of Formosa and Iceland. The rest remains the same as Revised. If you find a copy of Revised somewhere I’d advise you to get it since the map is slightly bigger and it cames with a lot of extras (battleboard instead of battlestrip, printed money, etc.) and you can use the Revised board to play 1942 (that’s what I do) as long as you remember the changes to NA. If you can’t find it there are a few threads on this section with improved maps that you can print.

See ya

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m