• Hey all,

This game comes out in like this (well maybe maybe not this year……) like in 1 year… (perhaps can’t trust those Microsoft guys after last time, hmmmmm… got it)

This game comes out in like like some time in the next decade! I’m surprised I’m the first to bring it up what are your takes on it??

Think it’ll be a let down or will it be a good ending to the trilogy?

• I waited on Halo 1 WAAAAYYY back when bungie was not owned by MS, and it was only coming out for Mac (at the time).  It looked awesome - especially the trailer.

I was thoroughly pleased with Halo on XBox (even though I prefer FPS on computer - but it felt weird to play Halo on PC), but it was different from where I originally thought it was going.

I played the 2nd, and while solid, didn’t seem much of a sequel.  I still enjoyed it, liked the new weapons, areas, and dual storyline, but it seemed like just enough to squeak out a sequel.  The story pretty much felt the same overall for the humans - in generic terms that is.

I’d like to see the 3rd, and hopefully it’s still a solid and enjoyable game.

• Yeah,

Thats what all my buddies seemed to think about HALO 2. Having a PC gaming backgroup you would understand this. HALO 2 should have been an expansion pack for HALO 1.

None the less I still want to try HALO 3 when ever they get around to bringing it to us.

• I am seriously tempted to buy a Xbox 360 just for Halo 3.

• 2007 AAR League

oh damn, talk of another halo.  i think my libido just kicked in. ohhhh shit.

• I doubt the Halo series will ever be as good as most FPS’s.

1.  Mouselook.  Fast.

2.  Keyboard.  More weapons available at any given moment.

I want more weird weapons.  Sniper rifle, rocket launcher, how . . . quaint.  I want remote mines and laser trip wires and grappling hooks.  Honestly, an ASMD shock rifle would be a big bonus.

• 2007 AAR League

you play halo on the computer?

• Unreal Tournament.

Which is very dissimilar to XBox’s disappointing Unreals.

• @newpaintbrush:

I want more weird weapons.  Sniper rifle, rocket launcher, how . . . quaint.  I want remote mines and laser trip wires and grappling hooks.  Honestly, an ASMD shock rifle would be a big bonus.

As disinterested in the PS3 as I am, I love the weapons set in Resistance:  Fall of Man.  It’s done by the same studio that came up with all the crazy stuff for the Ratchet and Clank series.  One weapon throws up a temporary shield that only your gun can shoot through.  Another gun fires a tag and you can then fire guided bullets that fly towards the tag.

• @unc_samurai:

@newpaintbrush:

As disinterested in the PS3 as I am, I love the weapons set in Resistance:  Fall of Man.  It’s done by the same studio that came up with all the crazy stuff for the Ratchet and Clank series.  One weapon throws up a temporary shield that only your gun can shoot through.  Another gun fires a tag and you can then fire guided bullets that fly towards the tag.

Killzone had some interesting weapons.  Namely, a shotgun on an assault rifle.  :-D

• You know how you could customize your spartin in the VS mode. I hope you will be able to in 3 but your customization will apply to your character in the actual game as well.

Also I’m with you guys we need more guns like maybe a 203 on the assult rifle (similar to what you said with the shot gun). I would also like to see smoke grenades. I know some of you won’t care about smoke b/c you think that the computer units just see right through it, but in conflict dessert storm 1 and 2 I think they did a good job about fixing that so I know it can be done. I also think they could ad a heavy machine gun that was portable. Maybe you have to “set it up” so then you get a view like you do with the sniper rifle.

Its hard to add weapons when we are not sure what kind of terrain they will be battling on. Are they going to be in space, on earth, the Allen home world space ships? I’d love to see a level where Chief hops into a ty fighter (star wars), viper (Battlestar Galactica), equivalent and blows bad guys up in space, just a thought.

As far as weapons like R&C I don’t think I would care for it then. Don’t get me wrong I like that game too, but what I like about Halo is that it uses conventional weapons in a space setting, like starship troopers. I just think it would take away from the genre of the game.

• 2007 AAR League

anyone see the commercial with the what look like force field.  thats new.  he throws down an orb thingy and a shield comes around him.  i’m sure we wont see that many new weapons.  maybe they work differently.  like the pistol being awesome in halo but shitty in halo 2.  same but reversed for the assault rifle.  the new weapons in halo 2 were the sword, which we saw in halo 1.  and being able to use covenant vehicles.  i dont remember any really new guns being made for halo 2.  oh yeah, the brute shot.  that one was pretty cool. so maybe they will make a new weapon or two.

tribe, i think halo 3 is going to be primarily on earth.  b/c at the end of halo 2 thats where the entire convenant fleet goes as they abandon their homeworld b/c of the flood.  i think we’ll see a ton of urban combat.  bad ass.

• The urban idea would be awesome. I think they just scratches the surface in 2. I think they could do a lot better, for example in the game first to fight you could send 2 or 3 Marines (fire team based game) and your self to clear a room that would also be bad a**. Still I love the Banshee I wish the humans had something to counter it.

Maybe motor cycles that could be cool, but I don’t see how you could use that and shoot at the same time.

Mines would be a cool addition remote and timed.

I think there maybe more aliens in this one, b/c there was that giant fly trap that had both Chief and the arbiter s/he it will have to have a part in this one.

I think the pistol should be total bad a** in this one maybe sacrifice range for fire power? I don’t know how well that would work.

Maybe flash bang grenades to stun bad guys that would have potential, the game makers would have a field day with the aliens response’s to them.

I just don’t want to be left feeling how I felt and the end of two. It seemed like part two should have been an expansion pack to part one. Don’t get me wrong I love dispensing indiscriminate justice my buddies and I just felt like we were left hanging. I’m hoping that it will all come around and make this a bad a** trilogy.

-LT04

• Smoke grenades would be awesome.  Some games just don’t do them right, but when they get them correctly, it’s an awesome tool.  There’s a map in Red Orchestra that’s nearly impossible for the assaulting Germans before they put smoke into the game.

If I remember right, there were quite a few new weapons in Halo 2.  The sword, Brute Shot, Covenant Carbine (which was the pistol from Halo 1 to me), the energy beam weapon, and I think some others.  A goo gun or something?

• @Jermofoot:

Smoke grenades would be awesome.  Some games just don’t do them right, but when they get them correctly, it’s an awesome tool.  There’s a map in Red Orchestra that’s nearly impossible for the assaulting Germans before they put smoke into the game.

Experience with shooters, especially Half-Life mods, has taught me that smoke grenades pose difficulties mainly because they put such a strain on PC hardware.  I used to loathe smoke grenades in Counter-Strike that I disabled them given the chance.

• Hmm…… Didn’t know that. For the most part I do my gaming on XBox, PS2 and other consoul systems. Now that I think about it I do all my shooter games on console and strategy games like Warcraft, Red Alert on PC.

• anyone play the beta version that was on the game crackdown….

it was freaking awesome

HALO SUCKS and I do Have a 360.

The best shooter on 360 is Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.
    Followed by Call of Duty 2 and 3

For a Halo Feel but not the gayness of Needlers or Blue Grenades sticking to your face, FEAR is a sweet game also.

• I agree FEAR is good…better single player campaign

But I must disagree…there is nothing like sticking someone on the face with a sticky grenade…perhaps you just aren’t that good at it?

I’m definatly not the Greatest at Halo but can definatly hold my own and them some.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m