• A few Art are always beneficial in any assault involving a stack of Inf.  You get more bullets on the target that way - a supported Inf is TWICE as likely to hit than an unsupported one.  Killing the enemy faster leaves more of your units behind to defend against the counter.

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

@General_D.Fox:

So for Japan, if they are going to assault Moscow, would it be better to have some art along with the stack of inf and arm?  Or should I just have enough inf to screen my large stack of tanks?

All the calculations we have done up to this point have ignored the questions about whether IPC, Factory Space, or Transport Space is the choke point in getting combat power to your front line.

Are you IPC limited or Factory Space limited?

If the limitation on production is a maximum number of units, ARM is a good deal and it adds mobility.
    If the limitation on production is IPC, ART and INF in ~ 2/3 ratio is great bang for the buck.

If sea transportation is the choke point for you, your ratio is pretty much locked at 50% INF so if you can afford it ARM is the way to put some punch on the battlefield.

There are no easy solutions.  If there were, it would not be as much fun as it is.  8-)

• 2007 AAR League

I usually build 2 ICs on the mainland and go purely tanks in those and then my extra money i turn into inf and art and transport them to various places. I have found out that it isn’t a common thing  :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

Wouldn’t it be better to build your armour at japan and build your artillery at your mainland complexes?  That way your armour (more movement) will be the unit travelling further.

• 2007 AAR League

Well I guess it would but as Japan you can build 6 Arm in Japan and Trn them over but then there is wasted space on the Trns because you can only build 8 units in Japan. But now if I have just 4 Trns I can fill them every turn if I have the income and I can still build 6 Arm in Asia

• You never want to build pure ART and ARM anyway (ART is a waste w/o INF)

So you build ARM, INF on Japan to TRN capacity, then ART/ARM and INF at mainland IC’s

• So how much art should you have if you want to assault Russia, for example.  Let’s say you have 20 inf.  Should you have 10 art and leave the other 10 as meat shields?  Or should you have slightly more or less?  Because if Russia is just stacked with US and UK men and fighters, you have to do some major hacking and slashing!  :|

• Anyone?  I’m just curious as to what you do when faced with the fact you could potentially take Russia - or any other capital/land for that matter.  How much arty do you build up for your assault in comparison with/the ratio to your inf?

• 2007 AAR League

if you have 20 Inf, probably about 5-8 Art, all of them will be your meat shields for your good stack of tanks + some fgts for those big punches of 3

• @General_D.Fox:

Anyone?  I’m just curious as to what you do when faced with the fact you could potentially take Russia - or any other capital/land for that matter.  How much arty do you build up for your assault in comparison with/the ratio to your inf?

okay i would do 14 artillery for the 20 infantry( assuming you have no tanks) so 6 or 7 artillery per 10 infantry. just to note if you did 15 artillery it would cost as much a 20 infantry. don’t know if thats a bad thing or not.

• @NoMercy:

if you have 20 Inf, probably about 5-8 Art, all of them will be your meat shields for your good stack of tanks + some fgts for those big punches of 3

if you have tanks then. 20 infantry, 7 artillery and 6 tanks.

• For a Moscow assault, I want my INF/ART combos to be at least half of Russia’s INF (more if possible), with enough additional infantry to EXCEED Russia’s total of INF and ART.
    Then I want ARM/FIGs/BOM that exceed Russian ARM/FIGs by 2 to 1.

• 2007 AAR League

I just want enough Inf to absorb all the hits I might take in Round 1, and for me to have enough Art/Arm that I have enough punch to wipe out all of Russia’s Inf in Round 1.

Basically, I just don’t want to run out of Inf before the other guy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m