• 2007 AAR League

Problem though is that the bulk of Russia’s land forces are ALSO still intact - but we’ll see now…

• 2007 AAR League

CVs need planes to be useful and it is not obvious where JSP is gonna get those.  If he takes them from the land forces, the Eastern Front will get real interesting.

Buying CVs with out the FTRs to fill them up is risker that I would do.

• 2007 AAR League

I’m kind of nervous about the game :lol:
    If I lose it will make me look realy bad I think. Even though he murdered me in the past 2 games fairly quickly. I blame the dice  :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

All right, based on all of this, I have formulated a master plan for my tourney game (got a bid of 7 to Libya). I won’t post it now though just in case JWW pops his head in here. I think it will be nasty though.

• 2007 AAR League

That is a healthy bid.  Post the link to the game thread please.  I’ll be interested to “watch” the game.

• 2007 AAR League

HMMMM My german 1 buy is 13-14 inf (if i won the bid)

• 2007 AAR League

My round 2 opponent took Axis with a bid of 10 in round 1. I was tempted to go for 8, which I got in round 1 and did decently with a 1 TRN -SZ 14 bid, but I figured he’d go lower this time.

Here’s the link: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8827.0 I’m a little excited about my opening, we’ll see how it works. I’ll just say this - I don’t think it’s been suggested here yet, not in this exact form. It’s gonna be a little crazy, a little nuts, maybe stupid, maybe really nasty. Oh well, part of me would be relieved to be out of the tournament anyway.

• 2007 AAR League

I’ll follow along as time permits.

BTW, in reference to your signature, did you know that “Enders Game” is on the reading list for the US Navy?

• 2007 AAR League

@Baghdaddy:

BTW, in reference to your signature, did you know that “Enders Game” is on the reading list for the US Navy?

That’s cool. Good book. Exciting but also makes you think. I’ve thought of changing my screen name here to Ender. I was always the shortest kid in my class.

• @froodster:

@Baghdaddy:

That’s cool. Good book. Exciting but also makes you think. I’ve thought of changing my screen name here to Ender. I was always the shortest kid in my class.

ISn’t it a little childish for the navy? i didn’t personally like the book. ( had to read it over the summer did it in like 2 days  :x  )

• 2007 AAR League

Well it’s not Dostoevsky and yes it’s a quick read but still thought provoking. My wife likes it too (actually referred me to it), and she is not otherwise into SciFi or action or anything like that.

• @froodster:

Well it’s not Dostoevsky and yes it’s a quick read but still thought provoking. My wife likes it too (actually referred me to it), and she is not otherwise into SciFi or action or anything like that.

the only thinking i did about that book was imagining myself as Peter. what were you supoose to think about? child labour?

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

@froodster:

@Baghdaddy:

ISn’t it a little childish for the navy? i didn’t personally like the book. ( had to read it over the summer did it in like 2 days  :x  )

It is not the only book on the list.  The reading list is intended to appeal to the entire cross section, from 17 year old fresh recruits to crusty old farts like me.  “Enders Game” is in the Junior Enlisted Collection but I read fast enough that I don’t limit myself to any particular list.

http://www.navyreading.navy.mil/

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

@froodster:

the only thinking i did about that book was imagining myself as Peter. what were you supoose to think about? child labour?

The fact that Ender genocided an entire intelligent species all because of a misunderstanding. Read the first quote in my sig, and my old one, which was “your enemy is never a villain in his own  eyes”.

• @froodster:

@cyan:

@froodster:

The fact that Ender genocided an entire intelligent species all because of a misunderstanding. Read the first quote in my sig, and my old one, which was “your enemy is never a villain in his own  eyes”.

I say the whole book just reinforces Darwin’s survival of the fittest

• But remember, in the end, the Hive Queen is alive and helps save entire civilizations…

• 2007 AAR League

So my opening - 1 AC 1 TRN 1 Ftr 2 Inf - was a gamble that I didn’t realize for some reason - since I didn’t kill the UK DD in G1, leaving it free to attack my new TRN and AC in SZ 14. Considering the  new TRN was the whole reason for buying the AC, JWW could have neutered 24 IPCs of my G1 build with one lucky shot by his DD. Fortunately, I survived, but that was close - don’t think I’ll do this exact opening again!

In the Baltic, I submerged my 2 subs and my DD killed a Ftr as it died, so I lost 20 IPCs navy for 1 10 IPC ftr. But, I still have 2 subs to mess with the UK, and a very healthy control of the Med. Hmm…

• @froodster:

So my opening - 1 AC 1 TRN 1 Ftr 2 Inf - was a gamble that I didn’t realize for some reason - since I didn’t kill the UK DD in G1, leaving it free to attack my new TRN and AC in SZ 14. Considering the  new TRN was the whole reason for buying the AC, JWW could have neutered 24 IPCs of my G1 build with one lucky shot by his DD. Fortunately, I survived, but that was close - don’t think I’ll do this exact opening again!

No ftrs on your Med carrier?

• 2007 AAR League

Oh yeah, I landed two on it, and built one in SE.

• @froodster:

Oh yeah, I landed two on it, and built one in SE.

I see your point though, you have no fodder if the UK DD (which has nothing else to do BUT commit suicide on your fleet) got a hit….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m