• I have the 1st edition of Europe and Pacific 1940. Will I encounter any difficulties using the 2e rules if I have extra bits from other A&A games?

Do the 2e rules improve the game or make a difference if only playing as a stand alone European theater game? Pacific?

How well does each play as stand alone European theater and Pacific theater games?

Are they generally considered balanced OOB or are bids used and if so what is a typical bid?

I get the impression reading this forum as well as others that not many people play these as stand alone games and Global is preferred. Any thoughts on why or is my impression wrong?

• '17 '16 '15

2nd edition rules are the way to go.

Your impression is correct that most people play global. Probably due to the fact they are AA fanatics :) Also the global game is more fun. I’ve played the europe map before and thought it was pretty good for a stand alone game, but global is the way to go.

The allies get a consistent bid but if you haven’t played much IDK how that might effect it. Maybe more or less? Someone else will provide a better answer than I can.

• Thanks for the quick reply.  I certainly understand the appeal of Global, unfortunately it’s just not an option for my regular gaming group.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m