Der Leiter's United and Rule Revisions (URR 1.2)

• Founder TripleA Admin

I also like…

BMW gets Close Assault 4 instead of 6.

• I prefer - don’t let BMW close assault you at all ;)

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, the alternative is the BMW loses Close Assault and get’s repriced at 4pts. It basically becomes the German cavalry unit.

• I’m actually alright with the BMW; in standard play I think the Germans(Axis) need a unit like that. In non-standard games, it usually isn’t as much of an issue.

• @djensen:

I also like…

BMW gets Close Assault 4 instead of 6.

Just curious, but has that actually been that much of a problem there?

I agree that the CA6 is a little high for what it is, but it also hasn’t seem to be a problem here.  The DeathCycles™ are almost always one shot. CA6 is decent, giving a 33% chance of disrupting (10% damage), but it’s more likely (66%) to do nothing.

Also that’s about all the BMWs are good for; if you simply use them to take & hold you’re paying almost double for a mauser with lower defence. Now I won’t deny they are good and useful, but I don’t think they’re too overpowered - and I definately think the Axis needed them.

• Founder TripleA Admin

They are a fairly big problem in our games.

1. Nobody brings just one. Minimum two.
    2. There is almost always a light tank for any force opposing the BMW.

With that in mind, the German player spends 10 points to destroy very valuable 15 - 21 point tanks. The other problem is once the motorcycle enters the vehicles hex, that vehicle is stuck. With that in mind and movement 5, it is extremely difficult to manuever. I’m constantly counting out 5 hexes and realizing that I just have to stay put and let them come to me. If the opponent is playing extended range tanks, then I have to hide.

Also, with 8/6/- against infantry, it’s also great for hunting snipers and artillery. I think its problems can be overcome be either reducing CA to 4 or by re-costing the unit to 7. At 7 points most players will bring maximum of two because after 14 points you’re loosing out on some good choices for tanks.

• Since we started using platoon/company units (eg 25 points for British Rifle Platoon: 1x Vickers 1x Bren 4x SMLE ) we’ve had very little problems with this.  I’ve found it makes for a much better game.

• Founder TripleA Admin

What are platoon/company units? I’m not sure what you mean? Are they a set of required units that you must use?

Der Leiter’s Scenarios are not “choose units from a list” but actual Platoon and Company Units with set costs… So you’ll get llike 150 Points for a scenario and so much for Support or Infantry. His Platoons are usually 25 Points and Companies are usually 50 Points plus a Company HQ (25 Points)…

GG

• For example a standard British Rifle Platoon for 25 points gets you a Vickers MG, a Bren, and 4 SMLEs while a 25 point German Rifle Platoon is an MG 42, Light Mortar, and 4x Mauser. There’s no choice of using just all MG42s, etc. You may even have to use units you wouldn’t normally - like the Light Mortar in the German’s Rifle Platoon.

Since there are so many, and they change over time (eg 1943 and after one of those SMLEs would be replaced with a PIAT, or pre-1942 the MG 42 would be 2x Wehrmacht Veteran Infantrymen) I haven’t made a complete list yet. It’s on the ToDoList, which is always getting bigger  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m