• Hi All,

I wanted to add a way that the allies could launch a D-Day attack with out the Axis players knowing their true intentions. I came up with a simple add-on that the US and British Europe players can use.

Get it here:

worldwidearmy.com/DDay.jpg

For the German’s we also made it a rule that each round from 1941 to 1944 they can place one bunker piece on any 1 Atlantic coast segment (Norway, Denmark, Holland, Normandy & Spain if they have it). We simply used the bunker pieces from AA D-Day. Each piece has 4 hit points (same as 2 Battleships). No attack but increases the attack of all units in the same segment by 1.

We have played a few times now with this and find it pretty fun.

Enjoy!

WWA Frank

• '14 Customizer

That’s really interesting but I’m not so sure this would workout for the following reasons.

• Building a random fleet could really ruin your game based upon the dice you rolled vs your choice in building a fleet. Sometimes you need DD if there are many subs in the water. Your going to want to make sure you have enough warships to protect those transports.

• I’m assuming UK/USA has to forfeit 20IPC’s for this building of a fleet each round. This could be disastrous for UK if they don’t have enough IPC’s to protect themselves from a Sealion attempt let alone repairing.

• Where is this fleet supposed to be harbored?

• What if UK gets bombed?

I like rolling dice for battles but not for making my purchase decisions.

• Thanks for the comments.

The purchases are optional for either the US or UK. All options rolled are worth more than 20 IPC so there is a incentive.
    The fleet doesn’t get placed on the board until the end. This way the Axis have no idea what is coming.

It’s worked pretty good for us but might not be for all players.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

WWA Frank

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m