• I’ve been giving some thought to an equalizer to replace the bidding system. While a good idea, I never found it to truly equalize the powers, too high a bid and the Axis will certainly win, a smidge of poor dice luck and the bid is worthless, and a ow bid doesn’t realy change the usual Allies-swing.

So what about disallowing round 1 combat, income, and placement moves? Let each country move their units in non-combat phases once before starting the game. Japan could reinforce Asia, Russia could move infantry to the Japanese front and get more infantry into the German front lines, where needed, America could put its Pacific fleet together more effectively, but so could Japan, the UK could rearrange Africa defesively, but Germany could also transport extra troops to that front.

It opens a lot of possibilities, but what do you veterans think? Good idea bad idea?

• My intial reaction is a thumbs down.  I’ve seen it stated elsewhere that a mandatory 9 IPC bid for the axis has lead to nearly a 50/50 split in axis wins vs allied wins

• My friends and I do no bidding. We draw countries out of a hat, and roll dice to see which NAs each power gets. The number of NAs is agreed upon beforehand. This has thrown a real eliment of chance into how each war will play out.

• 2007 AAR League

You want to replace the bidding system, by allowing an extra NC move before the game begin?

That sounds strange. If you want to eliminated the bidding system, just adjust the starting forces of the Axis, up to a point where the game becomes ‘even’.

My recommendation, to make the game even, would be to:

Add 2 extra inf, to be placed in UKR and +6 Starting IPC to Germany.

…or

Add 3 extra inf in UKR.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m