• Hey  tcnance,

Please post cheet sheet for online gaming:

1. Bid process
    2. DAAK site is in German.
    3. Cordinating times, length of games, round or times.
    4.Posted rules.

Let me know, I will be more than happy to play.

Flush

• 2007 AAR League

ok, first of all lets move this to the games section, under the heading looking for a game of a and a revised

i will post the rules and such there, im heading there now to post

• tcnance, thanks for you help!

• 2007 AAR League

Some feedback on my All fig build in G1, and then atleast 1 Fig/turn and the rest to Inf.

I think it gives me great mobility, defense and is better at threthening Allied navies then a naval build.

I do see that i will lack some inf in the start, but that isn´t that bad becuse i can fallback all the way back to germany and then strike out, when Russia overextends themselfs.

You must of course be sure to preserve the airforce, and not squander it away.

Alternative is 2 bmb, 1 fig first turn for more range.

Personaly i now allso have put a permanent stop to all SBR activities in my games (from my side)

Thouhts?

• 2007 AAR League

I played a game monday evning, when i used this tactic very succesfull, granted that it wasn´t elite players i played against, but on the other hand i had a totaly incompetent player on my team incharge of Japan…

In short, Germany took Moscow, in turn 5 or 6, with no allied presence in europe (aside from Norway)

And it allso binds up Allied Fig on carriers instead of being in Russia.

• Um…

I’m not going to belabor this point, but I will say that you should be beaten like a rented mule when you do this.

You certainly shouldn’t own Moscow R5 or R6, and the Allies should be all over the grey territories.

It sounds like your opponents have basic logistical problems with the Allies.

Go read the Caspian Sub paper on US transporting to Europe (Paper #02).  With that much German air power, just focus on a 3x3 transport fleet, probably with 2 US carriers in your forward position.  Also read the papers on Land Bridge because they cover Allied Atlantic activity (papers #11, #12, and #14).  Reading the Beginner Strategy Guides should help a lot as well.

I’m trying to VERY blunt in this post, not condescending, so please don’t take it personally.

But this plan should collapse like the Argentine peso.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/

• 2007 AAR League

But the fact remains that the allies need to put some serious IPC into a defensive fleet before they can send anything into europe.

Then they will have a great deal of problems holding anything, the upside with Figs instead of Tanks is they survive (more or less) everybattle, and won´t need to sit around for the counter attack.

But i concede that a well put Trn network will get me in trouble, but when that is in place Japan should have come quite close to Moscow.

• Not really Nix…

US and UK can be landing forces in pretty fair numbers on Turn 3… and with a Navy strong enough that even a 3 FIG buy would be hard pressed to kill it (since Germany would HAVE to do it with FIGs, since the Baltic fleet is dead without buying units for it on G1).

All just a matter of wait a couple of rounds… THEN move forward…

Look at the board and the starting units and assume Naval buys as US and UK (and put the US ships in the Atlantic this time :-P )

:mrgreen:

• You underestimate the figs. I have Nix using them against me now with great success. Germany is sort of “weak”, but still a force of 10 figs keeps me on my toes all the time. With the range he can strike a lot of areas so whenever I stack I must consider that he can add an additional 10 figs to the combat. UK is slowed, and the US doesn’t have any troops in either Europe or Africa. I must admit I could have played US better, but Japan could have fared a lot better as well so I think a beefy luftwaffe isn’t such a bad idea after all.

• 10 FIGs on attack is 30 points… 6 dead units on strike 1.

6 TRN, 1 BB, 2 DST, 2 AC, 4 FIG is 38 defensive points, 7-8 dead.

Round 2 of combat the last German FIGs die, and the Allies are left with a BB, 2 AC and 2-4 FIGs, give or take a unit.

That is a viable Turn 3 Atlantic naval battle…  Allies just have to execute it…

And if Germany does not attack… 12 divisions a turn to Europe…

• Then I’m doing something wrong…

And when I did land I got OBLITERATED.

14 inf, BB shot, 9 figs, 1 bomber vs 9 inf, 2 art, 4 arm, 3 figs, AA

Nix captures w.europe with 1 inf and 9 figs surviving…

However, now I see he has entered only 8 inf, but even still.

• Bad dice happen :-)

• No fighters were shot down with the AA?

• 2007 AAR League

1 bomber was lost in action.  (for a total of four German Bmb´s to die total due to AA guns in this game)

• Do you Nix only buy planes and inf? 1bomb/1fig rest is infantry, hmm not a bad idea, it can really keep germany going and the allies has to really bring stuff to keep western europe. Best place would be for a concentrated allied effort in russia. Norway as the key supply point.

If you play with average dices and with good players in A&A it’s so balanced that it really won’t end. We played once a huge 12h game where axis first pushed then allies pushed back, then again axis and once again allies pushed back. Wavering for one side with advantage, but bad dices ruled that advantage away always…laah. We played 10+ turns and decided to end it in a draw, 12 hours is too much…

• 2007 AAR League

yes i only buy Fig and Inf, and an occasional art if i get an odd IPC count….

The thought is that Inf are fodder, Figs are my “flying tanks”, who can both defend and attack, without need for waiting out the counter-attack.

It´s allso there to pick of unguarded allied ships, thus forcing USA and UK to buy defensive fleets first and Trns later.

It allso as i said before keeps allied Figs on ships instead of being in Russia.

But i need more thoughts on it…  (after i get a couple i´ll start defending my self  :-P  :-P)

• you need no additional thoughts on the matter.

if it works, it is a good strategy by definition.

• '10

@Thamor:

Best place would be for a concentrated allied effort in russia. Norway as the key supply point.

I am playing a game with Malus at the moment (in the Games section) and I am making a concentrated effort in Russia as the Allies.  I have found that Archangel, not Norway, is the key supply point.

Archangel is one space away from Russia, so inf only have to move one space after landing to be in a defensive position in Russia.  Also, being only one space away from Russia, it is easy to control the territory.  If Germany tries to take it, the Allies can take it back by landing troops from UK or moving them from Russia.

Aswell as being a tough nut to crack defensively, having 3 main armies in one territory (Russia) can set up a 1,2,3 punch if necessary.

• 2007 AAR League

its working against me, i keep hammering away as the us in africa, he always kills my fleet, im now trying to build for that big push>>>>>>we will see what happens, look at our game , it is def different. russia w 37 ipcs, germany w like 10 figs

• Actually, if you are doing a northern reinforce, Karelia is the landing zone, and the key territory is West Russia.

If the Allies are landing in Karelia (or movng there from Norway), and can start moving forces into West Russia, Russia is MUCH better shielded than sending troops to Moscow via Archangel.

From West Russia, US and UK troops threaten the entire German advance, as well as their supply lines.  It is a FAR superior position for UK and US troops IF the plan is to shield Russia.  This of course also allows Russia to turn to face Japan’s advance… IF the Allies can get there in enough force.

The trade off with this type of strat is the length of Allied supply line.  The US needs 3 turns to get a build unit to West Russia.  UK needs 2.  It also has Germany facing in one direction, allowing them to concentrate their forces better.  The only way to prevent that is to make the occasional landing in Western, and that puts hiccups in the supply chain to West Russia…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m