• Greetings all,
    Two weeks ago i quietly submitted my resignation as moderator of this board to the other mods.  I have been asked to make a public announcement.

This is because of several reasons which i will not go into as some are personal, and some are very targetted and specific.  Overall i had enjoyed my position as mod, and although i am certain there is a wide divergence of opinion, i did try to serve with relative objectivity.  Still i felt that i was losing my handle on that and other things.

Yanny has left the door open for me to return in the future, and i very much appreciate that and may well take him up on that.  In the meantime, i will take my liberty as a fallen mod to shriek at idiots in the Gen discussion forum, and slash-and-burn/admire a strat in the A&A/A&AE fora when i’m up to it.
    Regards all, and play nice,
    CC

• Been good having you, CC. I know we’ve often (correction; usually) fought, but I’ve always thought you to be fair-minded when it came to the Mod job. Glad you ain’t leaving totally :).

• CC, I have not been here long, but I must honestly say that I NEVER saw you abuse your position as a mod.

If you resigned simply so that you felt free within your own conscience to more actively participate in various discussions, then I understand that.

But speaking for me personally (as someone who has both agreed and disagreed wit you), I see no reason why you need to resign as a mod in order to engage in discussions.

Mod or not, have fun, post what is on your mind, speak your piece, and enjoy!

CC you have done the best modding I have seen, and I wanted to thank you for the service you invested into the forum… Whatever the reason you quit I can only wish you the best in the endeavour…

GG

• later CC, cant say im gonna miss you. :lol: :mrgreen: :-D :evil:

• CC, we argue a lot, but I doubt it was me that had much to do with you making this choice.  Personaly, my only problem I had with you as a mod was the personal attacks.  I don’t think as much of personal attacks coming from people other than mods, whatever… that was my only beef with you.

Hope this does not mean you won’t be posting!  I always need a commie from the great white north to keep me on my toes!  (the sarcasm should be obvious)

• CC, I want to thank you. You were the first moderator to assist me in running these forums. It doesn’t seem it, but we’ve been working together for nearly three years. You did a great deed to these forums. You are always welcome back as moderator here if you decide you miss it :)

I haven’t removed your moderator tag yet. I will when we find a new one. I want you to be able to participate in the mod forums while we discuss candidates.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m