• @Whitshadw:

Lol US takes
    What and when round 3 lol

Depends on when Japan declares.

U.S.A could be west of Gibraltar on turn 3, 4, or 5.

U.S.A does not take anything. They instead sit their and force Italy to turtle. Which is why people say that Italy cant take Africa.

I’d also like to say a root question:
    Italy loses 20ish IPCs on average trying to take France. So the extra $$$ is only replacing what shouldn’t of been lost in the first place.

• '17

@Whitshadw:

Your not gonna stack Egypt like that for defense I just ever see it happening nor will it ever unless I flat out tell you what I plan to do so don’t jump quickly to thinking this or that won’t work cause you assume you can counter

You only need a fraction of what I listed to keep Egypt safe through the end of round 2. You can’t rely on the Allies being negligent and call it a strategy.

• You also realize that in order for Italy to actually get 19 IPCs round 2 all if the axis must hold off from taking any France tts until France falls!
    This includes Normandy and south France (5IPCs)
    Meaning now 5 less IPCS less Germany on top of the 23 for not taking France G1

IMO this strategy is so flawed it’s silly, and I’m beginning to wonder if we’re not just arguing with a couple noobs. (No offense but this has to he pointed out)

• @Uncrustable:

You also realize that in order for Italy to actually get 19 IPCs round 2 all if the axis must hold off from taking any France tts until France falls!

IMO this strategy is so flawed it’s silly, and I’m beginning to wonder if we’re not just arguing with a couple noobs. (No offense but this has to he pointed out)

I’m sorry this guy is lost or dosnt understand how this game works basicaly my last post in this matter.
    I’ve stated again I’ve played in tournaments and countless levels of expertise from novice to finalist and there’s no one clear way to win you use any advantage to win and sometimes play and use tactics that are unconvential

Yes Italy may loose up to 20ipcs worth of men to gain 19 from sacking France and 4 for the value of the teratory. But Endland would loose up to 50+ by stacking most of there fighters last I checked 20<50 for value correct?

Also while yes America just sits at Gebralter that dosnt stop transports ferrying troops over and having part of the German Airforce covering France/Italy to counter any attack

All of France can fall in one Turn so I have no idea what this kid is talking about. And this is all round 1 threw 2 movements round 5 is to late to just have America sit at Gebralter and think it’s doing anything. The idea behind this is too flood Africa and push into Iraq ASAP.

Blows my mind how people are so short sited with just seeing things one way and just reply with America rushs in lol
    Anyways I’m done try it … It’ll work and mouths will drop other wise no point arguing with inexperianced players

• '17

For the record, I am not among those saying that I leaving Paris for Italy is always a bad idea. I am just skeptical about some of your related discussion.

For example:
    @Whitshadw:

For one it’s safe to say that anyone playing as Germany will Clear out the Atlantic as best you can. I personally like to clear out the two destroyers and transports as manditory, and the English Channel and off Scotland.

This quote makes it sound like you attack all four of the following Sea Zones: SZ106, SZ109, SZ110, and SZ111 on G1.

Is that what you intended to indicate?

• @wheatbeer:

For the record, I am not among those saying that I leaving Paris for Italy is always a bad idea. I am just skeptical about some of your related discussion.

For example:
    @Whitshadw:

For one it’s safe to say that anyone playing as Germany will Clear out the Atlantic as best you can. I personally like to clear out the two destroyers and transports as manditory, and the English Channel and off Scotland.

This quote makes it sound like you attack all four of the following Sea Zones: SZ106, SZ109, SZ110, and SZ111 on G1.

Is that what you intended to indicate?

allways with 2 subs each at sea zone 106 and 109 in 110 I use 1 sub and 3/4 the weight of the German Airforce and in 112 1 battleship 2 bombers 1 fighter and 1 tactical bomber completly clears out the Atlantic minus the Americans and 91

If England chooses to scramble it further helps my resolve that then they can’t support France later for Italy or if the scramble for 109 dosnt matter all I need is 1 hit and I will sink both ships

• '17

1. A single hit in SZ109 will not sink both UK ships if the UK scrambled there. That would only happen if the UK failed to sink both German submarines in the first round of combat.

2. If that is how you distribute your units, that leaves 1 sub, 3 fighter, 3 tact as the only possible units left to attack SZ110. That gives Germany only a 42% chance of victory if the UK scrambles into SZ110.

• Subs can’t hit or attack planes so yes I only need 1 hit in a destroyer to sink that since the transport can’t counter it’s gone. Plus your gonna Either scramble for that one transport to save it or for your capital ships. Also if the sub hits ither cruser can’t counter.
    And again its all on the dice if I’m rolling what 1 2 3 at 3 and 3 at 4 if I manage 4 hits that sinks all the ships unless he feels it’s prudent to pick apart his Airforce

Normaly that’s my attack and most times no one scrambles cause they like to actualy have England play and do something othe wise both navy and Airforce is decamated but that’s how I normaly clear it out I meen there’s some small
    Things I can move around not much but basicaly
    It

• '17

Just to be sure we’re on the same page, the scenario I am describing is as follows:

SZ109 round 1
    Germany: 2 subs: 1 hit
    UK: 1 transport, 1 destroyer, 4 fighters: 2 or more hits

There would be no round 2 as both German submarines would be sunk. The single German hit must be allocated to the destroyer. Without a second hit and with no round 2, the transport is safe. If you don’t believe me, then I urge you to consult Krieghund in the FAQ (he helped develop the game and is absolutely authoritative).

• 100% I agree with you about that no question but then for the other battle with the 2 Crusers and 1 battleships wouldn’t matter then cause the planes wouldn’t help tha cause but correct if you chose to scramble with 2 for the 2 subs and I knocked out just the Destroyer the transport would be alive and the planes would retreat 1 transport would hardly cause me to worry about anything this early on plus

I would probably have the other 1 or 2 subs from the previous attack later track it down but yeah were on the same page

• '17

Okay, I see your logic now.

I have to say that if were playing the Allies, I would scramble 1 fighter from Scotland to SZ109 (might get lucky, no reason not to) and scramble 3 fighters from London to SZ110. I believe this will tend to hurt Germany more than it hurts the UK since German will likely lose all 6 planes and become far less of a threat.

Of course this would mean that the Allies won’t have the resources to bother trying to stop Italy from finishing off Paris, but I think it’s still worth it.

• I agree with you but only again it’s easy to say it now cause you know what I’m going for (your navy) it depends on the rolls again we have all had those games where no matter how impressive your attack is you still loose or win just barely my goal would be just to take the ships in 1 turn allow you to counter and then pull
    My planes back you keep your Airforce and I loose 1 sub and maybe 1-2 planes this way I still clear out your navy since you didn’t scramble for the subs and the battle off Scottland I’d still pull a head since the battle ship can take two hits and pull back. But yeahat the end of the round my objective would be complete.

• '17

Retreat after sinking most/all SZ110 ships would mitigate the damage to Germany and with average dice, should work well. The difference of opinion here is more about how much risk to assume (which is more an issue of personal preference).

I am glad I understand your G1 naval combat movement now. Hopefully, the explanation will help other people see where you’re coming from.

I play a great deal of G40 (100+ games on the forums here), and I have to say, most of my opponents reinforce Egypt and do not conduct an attack on Tobruk. Usually in site’s league, the Allies end up with a bid which includes a Mediterranean sub and they tend to attack both SZ96 and SZ97 on UK1.

• Ah no worries brother again I love to think and play outside the box big time and with Italy ofcorse it all boils down what England dose and dosnt do if that’s there moved I just advance further to alixandria if I have my 2 transports left reinforce Alexandria with 3 more men and 1 tank and wait to push turn 2 to take Egypt from 2 or 3 sides if I have my Capital ships still alive ( again depending if England sent planes to France or not depends on if my ships will live) but if they do I’ll surely have them for round 2 I’ll be able to use my Bomber battleship/cruser for
    Bombardments any men from Anglo/Sudan and my force in alixandria to push into Egypt at that point.

All this can be moot or negated to what England dose or dosnt but if your playing the ((typical)) opponent then this is how and what I do

Also I for got to mention I do move some German planes at the end of G1 to Italy depending on if I decide to take southern France or not depends if I teen force southern Italy with 1 fighter and 1 tactical but that’s again depending whom I play and what I’m aiming for

• @Whitshadw:

@Uncrustable:

You also realize that in order for Italy to actually get 19 IPCs round 2 all if the axis must hold off from taking any France tts until France falls!

I’m sorry this guy is lost or dosnt understand how this game works basicaly my last post in this matter.
    I’ve stated again I’ve played in tournaments and countless levels of expertise from novice to finalist and there’s no one clear way to win you use any advantage to win and sometimes play and use tactics that are unconvential

Yes Italy may loose up to 20ipcs worth of men to gain 19 from sacking France and 4 for the value of the teratory. But Endland would loose up to 50+ by stacking most of there fighters last I checked 20<50 for value correct?

England is the ultimate bitch nation in this game. I don’t care if they lose their capital, as long as they can stall Germany/Italy for any number of turns, then they’ve already done their job.

Also while yes America just sits at Gebralter that dosnt stop transports ferrying troops over and having part of the German Airforce covering France/Italy to counter any attack

How would an air force counter attack a navy West of Gibraltar? Its to far away. And if your Air force is in France, then Russia must be VERY happy right now.

All of France can fall in one Turn

'IT. CANT. FALL. TURN 1. unless Germany takes it. Or you get lucky, but luck is no substitute for a good strategy.

so I have no idea what this kid is talking about. And this is all round 1 threw 2 movements round 5 is to late to just have America

America can be West of Gibraltar turn 3. And who cares when they arrive? Italy will see it coming and realize ‘oh shit, i need to turtle’. And turtleling will NOT get Italy into Africa.

sit at Gebralter and think it’s doing anything.

It does.

The idea behind this is too flood Africa

Cant. America. Unless you want to lose Italy.

and push into Iraq ASAP.

Blows my mind how people are so short sited

Oh wow.

with just seeing things one way and just reply with America rushs

They do, its to good of an opportunity to pass up.

in lol
    Anyways I’m done try it
    … It’ll work and mouths will drop other wise no point arguing with inexperianced players

Uncrustable’s right. No point, arguing with people who clearly don’t know what their talking about.

Once again, If Italy is going to get France, then you must choose one of the following as the Axis:

-Lose Africa
    -Lose Italy
    -Go on the defensive in Europe (allies win)
    -Let Russia live

• @1Bean432:

@Whitshadw:

@Uncrustable:

England is the ultimate b���� nation in this game. I don’t care if they lose their capital, as long as they can stall Germany/Italy for any number of turns, then they’ve already done their job.

How would an air force counter attack a navy West of Gibraltar? Its to far away. And if your Air force is in France, then Russia must be VERY happy right now.

All of France can fall in one Turn

'IT. CANT. FALL. TURN 1. unless Germany takes it. Or you get lucky, but luck is no substitute for a good strategy.

so I have no idea what this kid is talking about. And this is all round 1 threw 2 movements round 5 is to late to just have America

America can be West of Gibraltar turn 3. And who cares when they arrive? Italy will see it coming and realize ‘oh ����, i need to turtle’. And turtleling will NOT get Italy into Africa.

sit at Gebralter and think it’s doing anything.

It does.

The idea behind this is too flood Africa

Cant. America. Unless you want to lose Italy.

and push into Iraq ASAP.

Blows my mind how people are so short sited

Oh wow.

with just seeing things one way and just reply with America rushs

They do, its to good of an opportunity to pass up.

in lol
    Anyways I’m done try it
    … It’ll work and mouths will drop other wise no point arguing with inexperianced players

Uncrustable’s right. No point, arguing with people who clearly don’t know what their talking about.

Once again, If Italy is going to get France, then you must choose one of the following as the Axis:

-Lose Africa
    -Lose Italy
    -Go on the defensive in Europe (allies win)
    -Let Russia live

Maybe stick with the 41 version eh? I can’t keep explaining how eerything you’ve just wrote no matter how hard you try or think is right won’t work or is work but it’s good to know atlest people are trying

• You haven’t explained why the counter-tactics don’t work. All you’ve done is say.

‘Everything you say does not work. I get Egypt turn 2.’

Please explain why these counter-strategies don’t work, because you’ve explained diddly-squat.

• @Uncrustable:

Try reading and answering this again white. ;)

First your G1 naval moves are risky, and statistically you are going to lose nearly all your planes round 1. So not only does Germany not take any France territories round 1 (28 IPCs or 23 if they take Normandy and S France) they also stand to lose a lot of their planes. Their also is a very good chance that enough UK planes survive to defend Paris until round 2. In that case Germany must send a very large amount of ground into France Again (because they just lost all their air) severely delaying any push into Russia. Italy wouldn’t get France until R2 and depending on what France territories the axis took they may not get more than 13 IPCs for it. With this UK can go 100% Africa buys with zero sealion threat, Italy doesn’t  stand a chance without German and now Germany can’t even help them without even further delaying Russia invasion. Russia is going to be a monster ad USA is going to be 100% pacific as now Japan is the axis only hope.

The allies can afford to lose planes, as I stated earlier the game is a race for the axis. The more they piddle around the less likely their chances at victory. Even though your strategy at France May cost the allies some planes, it delays the entire axis by atleast 1 full turn if not more and allows UK to go 100% Africa.

I would love to play a game against you on tripleA sometime.
    Low luck, best of 3, standard bid of 12 allies (sub 98, inf Sudan, inf New Guinea)

• SZ 109 (UK scrambles fighter from Scotland) Subs have less than a 50% chance of sinking the transport.

SZ 110 (UK scrambles 3 fighters from UK) You have a 45% chance of winning with an average 1-2 defending fighters surviving. Meaning UK can stack Britain against Italy round 1. And you just lost 6 planes.
    Retreat after 1 round your not going to kill a single fighter most games while losing 3 of your own. This also means UK can stack France, meaning you can’t take Normandy, south France, Tunisia or FIC until round 3 (after Italy takes France round 2)
    Meaning Germany loses 3 fighters and loses out on 28 IPCs round 1, and another 9 round 2.
    That’s 37 IPC plus 30 IPCs in planes on average. 67 IPCs lol.
    So UK loses 5 planes to hold France one round, it’s already ahead by 16 IPCs and the axis are severely delayed from anything in Russia or Africa and there is no sealion threat .

Again the more I look at this the more flaws become apparent.

Do yourself a favor and atleast post a game report, turn by turn. Otherwise I do not believe this has any merit.

• @Uncrustable:

SZ 109 (UK scrambles fighter from Scotland) Subs have less than a 50% chance of sinking the transport.

SZ 110 (UK scrambles 3 fighters from UK) You have a 45% chance of winning with an average 1-2 defending fighters surviving. Meaning UK can stack Britain against Italy round 1. And you just lost 6 planes.
    Retreat after 1 round your not going to kill a single fighter most games while losing 3 of your own. This also means UK can stack France, meaning you can’t take Normandy, south France, Tunisia or FIC until round 3 (after Italy takes France round 2)
    Meaning Germany loses 3 fighters and loses out on 28 IPCs round 1, and another 9 round 2.
    That’s 37 IPC plus 30 IPCs in planes on average. 67 IPCs lol.
    So UK loses 5 planes to hold France one round, it’s already ahead by 16 IPCs and the axis are severely delayed from anything in Russia or Africa and there is no sealion threat .

Again the more I look at this the more flaws become apparent.

Do yourself a favor and atleast post a game report, turn by turn. Otherwise I do not believe this has any merit.

Without those planes then U.S.A can all that much easier waltz into Italy.

Whites strategy just keeps falling apart dosnt it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m