• Do you think it might be wise to build a new German IC other than the ones they start with? I’ve never done it, but I’ve always wondered if it might help. Tell me what you think.

• 2007 AAR League

If I had to buy an industrial complex for Germany I’d have to say the Balkans. It makes Germany’s supply lines for attacks on the Caucasus shorter however it does take away money on a turn that could otherwise be put towards infantry or armor. I would reccomend against buying an IC for Germany.

• Germany building an IC is sort of like Russia building an IC - you don’t want to because you need every combat unit you can get your hands on, and you don’t need to because the action’s already hot and heavy where you start. Japan/US/UK have the option of putting ICs in their territories because they’re relatively isolated from direct assaults on their capitals and their capitals are far from the action across the map.

• I’m inclined to agree that Germany has better things to spend their bloody-hard-won IPCs on than a factory that’s only a space, at best, closer to the action.

-However-, the notion of an IC in Anglo-Egypt has struck me several times after looking over the board. It’s a location that strategically commands the link between a Japanese Naval Reinforcement, holds the Axis-Road-Less-Traveled to Asia, maintains a presence directly in Africa-continient-of-madness, and can be reinforced from another IC capable of pumping out 6 units a turn.

I’m not sure if the benefits outweigh the cost, but it’s certainly a strong staging point, further solidifies German’s hold on ‘bonus’ IPCs, and adds some flexibility in the otherwise static German/Russian standoff.

However, I have a feeling that as soon as an IC appeared in Anglo-Egypt, it’d be a green light for the US to launch Operation: Smackdown.

• agent o
    if anyone sould buils an ic it sould be Japan in FIC or russia. you know how i feel about UK in india, helps to seal up the empire.

• An IC in Anglo Egypt is the only one that makes sense, in my opinion. Africa is worth 12 IPCs per turn. If Germany, by buying an IPC in Africa, can hold Africa for an additional two turns, the benefits outweigh the cost, so it’s a good choice.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m