The big question, what religion are you?

• christian, denominations dont matter to me, just believe what god tells you in the bible, if you interpret what he says differently than whatsome other person might think, fine, just keep on the track and try to live the way gods book tells you.

• @Yanny:

Agnostic.

Add it :)

agree 100%

• @Raarrne:

I think it was probably lumped into Protesstantism, along with Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Lutherans Etc.

Why? Protestants and Lutherans were formed by rebelling against the Catholic chruch. Baptists were never part of the Catholic chruch.@MuthaRussia:

Exactly Raarne they are protestant…

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    TRS…are you a southern boy/belle?
    You are baptist, and you have an email with Beagle in it…

Just couldn’t help but notice…

I don’t understand your question; what do beagles have to do with Baptists?

• Why is this question considered big anyway?

Wouldnt exactly call myself a Protestant(don’t protest no more :wink: )… I’m a Christian… ANd Atheism is the belief in a self supporting religion (man as god)

GG

@F_alk:

Why is this question considered big anyway?

Which one The Thread Question or the Athiest one…?

• The thread question.

And Atheism is no religion. It has no rites or rituals, no superior being above any human, no preachers/priests/mullahs/gurus/monks/etc. etc.
    You can call it a belief, but not all beliefs are religions.
    I believe that there is more than one planet in the universe hosting intelligent life: does that belief make up a religion?

• man is not god, there is no god

• man is not god, there is no god

Well that’s just not true, and you should no better than that since you know me from this forum. :D

• very well, agentsmith, if you are god, than smite me.

• very well, agentsmith, if you are god, than smite me.

muttering If he only could…. ;) :D

Seriously, I have a question for you Janus; why should God pay any attention to the smiting requests of someone who doesn’t even believe God exists, just to prove he does?

• its to bad he doesnt. :lol:

• I voted none of the above. While the styles differ, fundamentally I don’t see a significant difference between these two. There are differences between various Protestant groups that are greater than the differences between Catholics and what I would consider the average Protestant faith.

Perhaps Christian should have been one of the choices?

God doesn’t damn or smite people off the hammer for no reason… it is not in the bible… That is why I do not exactly like calling myself fom a “religion”… because “religion” as in the word denotes the Beliefs of man about God… And I believe in the bible not a mans belief(although I might have been introduced to it or had it explained to me from man)…

A god is:

God

1. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
    2. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
    3. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
    4. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
    5. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
    6. A very handsome man.
    7. A powerful ruler or despot.

Your god is what you serve… you have to serve something in all areas of life… and sometimes that is yourself… so therefore you are your own god… and if I look back at the definition of Religion:

1a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
    4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

In my belief you are a spiritual being and have power(dominion over the earth…) so therefore a god(small) and can be a religiously worshipped being…

GG

• wargaming_nut, im just being an ass

• Yes, I know, I just felt like asking that question of anyone who cared to answer 8) .

• the fact is, i dont see any reason why to believe in a god. i see more reason not to, than to try to come up with elaborate, complicated ideas such as gods to say that “its part of his grand scheme”. which if it is true, turns god into some kind of sick voyeur, giving us “free will” and letting us duke it out, but then he has a plan for us. its like we are his video game (again, playing the devils advocate to say he exists)

• I’d like to discuss with you again Janus, simply as a philosophical debate; if you want, we could PM it, so we don’t get booted for spamming ;).

• leave it to CC and yanny to decide, better to make it public so others can offer input

• Fine by me.

So, correct me if I’m wrong, but you find it more likely that an unexplainable explosion billions and billions of years ago created all the matter in the universe, which, through the course of more billions of years, coalesced into the various galaxies, which then, through the course of a few more million (or billion, take your pick) years formed stars, planets, asteroids, etc., etc., and one of them happened to have the exact right conditions to suddenly develop life, which then evolved through another few million years into us? This is assuming, of course, that you don’t think we were planted here by aliens, which I know you’re too intelligent to believe 8)

Have you noticed one thing interesting about evolution? It presents a theory which would be considered ludicrous if it was said to have taken place over the course of, say, a month, but if you spread it out over the course of a billion billion years, it suddenly becomes not just valid, but likely. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m