Ambilzi & Grasshopper's 1940 Global Map (Video Added)

• Sponsor

Ambilzi may have the bare striped down file or layered version. You can try and contact him for it but he his very busy and may not answer… it’s worth a try.

• Sponsor

Got my $140 back from the first crappy print… on my way now. Just waiting for a piece of sheet metal to come in (got it from work at a great discount, but I’ve gotta wait a couple of weeks for it). after that… I will pick up the printed magnet sheet.

• Sponsor

Picking up my 72"X33" magnet map this week… fingers are crossed.

• Customizer

YG,

@Young:

––I’m pulling for ya,…and if needed, I’ll call in an airstrike,…just let me know.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7900_zps6cc28a6c.jpg

• Sponsor

@Tall:

YG,

@Young:

––I’m pulling for ya,…and if needed, I’ll call in an airstrike,…just let me know.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

Thanks TP,

I just hope I don’t get hit by any friendly fire… lol.

• @Teremmek:

I have 4’x8’ of sheet metal on my office wall where I have a 6’x3’ 1942 map up (laminated, pieces magnetized) for vertical game play.  Would love to have a Global Version up on the wall as well.  Quick question - do you have this in photoshop where you can still remove the layers of the charts you added?  I would love to print a copy with just the map and I can separately print the charts and have them off to the side on my wall.  I like the “prettiness” of having just the map on the wall and the IPC chart along the bottom is the only chart I would keep.  I can “delete” them myself in photoshop but it’d be nice to have the original water textures / zone lines.

you got pictures of that? I’ve been thinking about putting the game on the wall at some point in the future for quiet a time and would love to see how people have it done

• Customizer

YG,

@Young:

––Have you picked up your magnetized plastic game map yet???

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

My printer guy had problems again… he had to out source it and even though I told him that I would be patient, I think its time to crank up the pressure on him.

• Sponsor

So the magnet sheet print didn’t happen as my printer guy gave up on the challenge after some complications. He instead went back to the styrene sheet idea with some advise from his industry pals, which was basically to print on a thicker piece and a different type of styrene. I picked it up tonight and was much happier with it compared with the last attempt. First thing I noticed was how much thicker it was from the first print that I returned, and I didn’t get any of the same problems with the ink smudging and blurred lines. What I got was a beautiful print on thick styrene that I can wipe down with a wet cloth. It took a long time and cost more than I wanted to spend, but I’ve got my print, and I’ve completed my table… stay tuned for a you tube video tour of my new table and game room coming very shortly. Cheers.

• Customizer

YG,

––I’m glad you’ve ended up with something your happy with. I’ll look forward to the youtube link.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

@Tall:

YG,

––I’m glad you’ve ended up with something your happy with. I’ll look forward to the youtube link.

“Tall Paul”

Thanks TP,

I do like it a lot, however, there seems to be some kind of holograph effect that has brought down the clearity by a notch. It’s been hard to say if I like it or not, but if I don’t… it’s hardly worth mentioning.

• Customizer

YG,

––Just tell everyone it’s the ghosts of all of your enemie’s dead soldiers. Then it will be something SPECIAL!

“Tall Paul”

• YG why not use matte vinyl ?

I have printed several of ILs maps and the HBG39 board (All HUGE) on matte vinyl without a single problem like you are experiencing.
    It is sturdy (heavy duty) material that is also waterproof.

Anyway is the file in the OP the right one to try and print?
    I only ask because when i open it with my default picture program I cant zoom in without it turning to crap.

Either way i use kinkos. Costs more, but i never get any of the problems you seem to be dealing with.
    Im about to print ILs file but i dislike it, doesn’t line up very well, several errors and the oceans are two completely different colors.
    I would much prefer yours (though I really do not like the bases, or the battleboard or turn tracker -sorry just big eye sores right smack in the middle of the map to me), but it is still the best out there and im willing to give it a try, as soon as tomorrow if its the right file.
    (pm me the right one if not)

And il let you know how it turns out on matte vinyl.

• Sponsor

@Uncrustable:

YG why not use matte vinyl ?

I have printed several of ILs maps and the HBG39 board (All HUGE) on matte vinyl without a single problem like you are experiencing.
    It is sturdy (heavy duty) material that is also waterproof.

I like to glue my maps flush on my custom game table and I was experiencing air pockets with both vinyl and laminate posters.

Anyway is the file in the OP the right one to try and print?
    I only ask because when i open it with my default picture program I cant zoom in without it turning to crap.

Yes it is the right one to use… when viewing it and then zooming, you will need to give your computer about 30 seconds each zoom for it to read the pixels and present it as clear. The file was meant more for printing rather than viewing.

Either way i use kinkos. Costs more, but i never get any of the problems you seem to be dealing with.

It cost a lot more… my print shop charged me $130 for a laminated poster and $220 for a printed styrene sheet. Kinkos quoted me $300 and $500 respectfully.

Im about to print ILs file but i dislike it, doesn’t line up very well, several errors and the oceans are two completely different colors.
    I would much prefer yours (though I really do not like the bases, or the battleboard or turn tracker -sorry just big eye sores right smack in the middle of the map to me), but it is still the best out there and im willing to give it a try, as soon as tomorrow if its the right file.
    (pm me the right one if not)

Ya… I understand that some like our map and some not so much, but I designed it to help beginners at my bunker as well as the experienced players. I get that the battle board and turn tracker are eye sores even though they are placed in unused areas, but the built in bases eliminates 42 crappy cardboard counters from the board, and also saves time on setting up.

And il let you know how it turns out on matte vinyl.

Cheers, I’ve seen them and they look great… you shouldn’t have any problems.

• Of course as soon as i open my fat mouth on how i never experience problems….Kinkos calls me, “um…we are experiencing difficulty”

They apparently are struggling to get your file in particular to print…  :-P

Anyways i was quoted at 188$ after tax for a 40x90 on matte vinyl (ILs map)
    So yours will probably be a little cheaper as i will probably go with 36x78 or somewhere around there, even at 40" width it would be 4" shorter than ILs.

I def want bigger, otherwise i dont see a point in it. number of chips are not a problem, its the number of different units trying to be stuffed into small areas.

One thing i would do if i could do these types of things on my own is make Gibraltar much much larger.
    As it stands Spain is huge and rarely used, where Gib requires atleast one if not multiple force markers (from revised edition)

• Sponsor

Those must be American prices… :roll:

I used the same file to print mine so it should be good. but let me know if they’re saying that the problem is on our end so I can fix it.

Cheers.

• Problem was on their end, and solved .

I went with 38 x 87 matte vinyl
    160$ USD after tax

Looks amazing!

Can’t say how happy I am with this.

Big thanks to YG and co

• Sponsor

@Uncrustable:

Problem was on their end, and solved .

I went with 38 x 87 matte vinyl
    160$ USD after tax

Looks amazing!

Can’t say how happy I am with this.