• I just read some of the post on modified maps. I have a map of the entire world that I constructed. The map is divided into hexes which allows for 360 degree movement without worry. The hexes divide the map into fixed units of distance as opposed to random areas. The problem is the map is monster huge, 4’ x 8’. I have yet to test play it. Much of the map’s features are is still too small to make use of without creating a number of blow up boxes. I am about to give up on this project. Let me know if you have any ideas.

DEZ

• '19 Moderator

What areas are to small?

My map is smaller than that, about 3’x5’ and I don’t need boxes.

Also how big are the hexes?

hey DEZin the bigger the better in m opinion… :wink:

• Some of the smaller countries in Europe, the islands of the mediterranean are simply too small on my map. The new map would require a number of changes, including: changing the time frame of each turn, movement rates for various units, movement and national boundaries would operate differently than they do now. The end product of these and other changes essentially slows down the game by introducing details. The new details make the game more interesting and historically accurate, but the game effectively is perfect as it was originally released. Overly simplistic, but that is in effect the charm to Axis and Allies. Ease of play is not a hindrance of the game, modifying the game is done out of a love of the game. It is debatable if there is anyway to genuinely improve upon the game. It has been great researching the history and geography. Thanks for the responses.

Dez

• '19 Moderator

I agree, Adding more rules doesn’t make the game more ballenced or acurate usualy it just makes it longer, but sometimes I am in the mood or a realy long game :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m