• Then they would not need such a lot of more fresh money, and thus not need to stick to the orders of the IMF and world bank, but could try to set up a working, national economy which can supply them with their basic needs and thues increase their autonomy.

Yea, but would they? Doubtful. :roll:

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Then they would not need such a lot of more fresh money, and thus not need to stick to the orders of the IMF and world bank, but could try to set up a working, national economy which can supply them with their basic needs and thues increase their autonomy.

Yea, but would they? Doubtful. :roll:

I looked for the original quote here , but couldn’t find it. Anyway, I thought the IMF just prepared loans and grants for the “underdeveloped” countries, and didn’t order them to spend it in any specific way.

• (off topic again)

back to the whole inheritance thing (sorry, but i gotta say it)

even if you think the government shouldnt get the money when the guy dies (i understand your point on this), and even if you think its not our business what someone does with their money after they are dead (it really isnt), you still have to agree (well, IMO) that its shortsighted to think this way. true, it really isnt our business in that sense, but in a broader sense, it very much is. these people who would get a free ride from inheritance money are bad people to have in a society. you need to have rich and poor of course, but that doesnt mean the rich should be people who have never worked in their life, these kind of people contribute nothing to society. often, they are set for life, yet since they understand nothing about the value of the dollar, they blow it all and end up with nothing. no less than they deserve, but the whole thing could be avoided.

• many things can be avoided.
    This is how i will make my money - be telling people how to avoid things, and fixing them/pronouncing them dead when they do not avoid these things.
    As for people who inherit a ton of money, have no sense for how to deal with it, waste it away, well, there are many wastes of space out there who deal in both financial, genetic, connected, and many other types of inheritances. The world is not perfect, and this is the least of the things i believe important to correct.

• @cystic:

The world is not perfect, and this is the least of the things i believe important to correct.

I guess that last point is where we differ massively :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m