• @rjpeters70:

By the same token you could do a good American Revolution game, that included American Colonies, British, French, Spanish, and Iroquis Nation as players. � Hell, you could even break the American Colonies up into three players: � New England, Mid-Atlantic, and South.

True, that is also a good one.

• Customizer

Remember this topic, from before any of us even got the game?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29865.msg1073796#msg1073796

Nothing yet has changed my opinion.

• @BJCard:

Also, every WWII global or theatre game since revised has been slanted towards the Axis…

Well, OOB G40 was allied slanted.

• @ghr2:

@BJCard:

Also, every WWII global or theatre game since revised has been slanted towards the Axis…

It was?  I suppose maybe-  did not play a bunch of OOB games, mostly Alpha and 2nd edition.

• @ghr2:

@BJCard:

I thought G40 was pretty even. Europe 1940 was very allied slanted.

• Ya, the US did not have to worry about holding it’s NO’s, US can build a major in europe (like norway), and a few other reasons.

• G40 Alpha 2 -

I don’t remember it being too axis slanted, even though sealion was VERY popular.  A lot of folks argued that US can focus 100% pac and then save europe at the end.

• Well, perhaps OOB was fairly even- however it was very easy to do Sealion and take India.  I suppose if the Axis didn’t do Sealion/India than it was more even?  2nd edition made it harder to do either, but most of the bids still go to Allies.

• I still believe the addition of railroads,factories and fortifications could have opened up a ton of options for this game, therefore a lot of different  results.

• I think larrys definition of playtesting is 10 games with the same few people.

We have played 100s of games as a community already, and what are we at 66% Allied victory?

• @oztea:

I think larrys definition of playtesting is 10 games with the same few people.

We have played 100s of games as a community already, and what are we at 66% Allied victory?

For 1914?  Probably more like 75-85% allied victory.

• I think poor playtesting.

As in my opinion I find ww1 a very ‘fair’ war.  There was never an exact clear winner until the very end.

• I said it in a earlier post if they would playtest these games more we wouldn’t get as many of them ,but I believe the community would be a lot happier because it would be a better game. I think this games mechanics are great. I love the way the combat works but I do feel the Central will typically run out of gas 80% of the time. With a few more unit types(Heavy artillery,bombers) and maybe industrial tech(Gas,long range aircraft and advance artillery) this game could be the best ever. Heres to Second edition boys and girls cause it’s a coming.

• I agree. Larry isn’t trying to send us a message, this just wasn’t playtested enough. No way was the outcome of WW1 inevitable. Either side could have won the whole time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m