• I remember visiting this site and forums long ago, and there was a thing about changing the values of pacific islands. Someone said something about some island(s) that the japanese could pump oil out of and it was so pure that it could be put right into the ships (not too smart, but if necessary)

Anyone remember what this was? Its driving me crazy!

But otherwise I love this, it helped me get out of my 47 game losing streak.

• I’m new here, but maybe this is a partial answer…

I’ve glanced at all these house rules, but didn’t see it here. Some postes indicate that part of the wbsite was lost.

I’ve got a friend(bet you’ve heard that one before!)who told me about oil deposits in Borneo/Celebes. He likers to play with a 3 IPC value on Bor/Cel. I think he reduces the FICB and KWA territories IPC value by 1 each(not sure as I only played this variation once and don’t usually play with this guy.)

About three times I have played a variation that added 1 IPC to the Caroline Islands, Wake, and all the southern Japan holdings(4 of them.) Japan territory lost 3 IPCS, FICB and KWA lost 1 IPCs each.

EUSA lost 1 IPC and WUSA lost 2 IPCs. Midway gained 1 IPC and Haw gained 2 IPCs. China gained 1 IPC taken from Sinkiang(-1 IPC.)

This variation seemed to tempt some to do a lot more in the Pacific. IMHO, if Japan does USSR survives and Germany falls…if US does Axis has a better chance.

If I ever play with this gang again I will reduce the alterations.

Try your own!

• I’m new here, but maybe this is a partial answer…

I’ve glanced at all these house rules, but didn’t see it here. Some postes indicate that part of the wbsite was lost.

I’ve got a friend(bet you’ve heard that one before!)who told me about oil deposits in Borneo/Celebes. He likers to play with a 3 IPC value on Bor/Cel. I think he reduces the FICB and KWA territories IPC value by 1 each(not sure as I only played this variation once and don’t usually play with this guy.)

About three times I have played a variation that added 1 IPC to the Caroline Islands, Wake, and all the southern Japan holdings(4 of them.) Japan territory lost 3 IPCS, FICB and KWA lost 1 IPCs each.

EUSA lost 1 IPC and WUSA lost 2 IPCs. Midway gained 1 IPC and Haw gained 2 IPCs. China gained 1 IPC taken from Sinkiang(-1 IPC.)

This variation seemed to tempt some to do a lot more in the Pacific. IMHO, if Japan does USSR survives and Germany falls…if US does Axis has a better chance.

If I ever play with this gang again it will be with reduced or no alterations.

Try your own!

• i’ve take those ipc values in a scenario from the PC version. i always use it when i play to the board game.

FOR JAPAN

japan = 5
    okinawa = 2
    wake island = 1
    salomon island = 1
    caroline island = 1
    new guinea = 2
    borneo/celebes = 2

note that the total ipc for japan at the start is 28 instead of 25

FOR USA

Midway island = 2
    hawiian ilsands = 3
    alaska = 3
    eastern usa = 9
    western usa =8

or if you want, give 10 to both USA mainland terittories to have a total of 39 so it’s matching the the new total of japan

FOR UK

australia = 3
    uk island = 7

the total is the same but whit a worth of 3 australia may be a good alternative for the usual india IC against an agressive japenese player.

just try it if you want but i assure you that these new IPC values add a new twist in the game because USA and UK can go for the japaneses islands and japan as to defend it because half of is starting production is here. on the other hand, australia, hawai, midway and alaska have more attraction for japan who can take a total of 12 ipc in the pacific (including alaska) whitout great opposition. try it and have fun 8)

• I see k_'s point, but disagree.

If the US player builds in WUS and moves units to WCan, then ECan then trans them to UK or Nor/Fin he protects Alaska and Mexico.

Besides, its turn 3 before UK/US can take much in the Pacific. Look what Japan can chew off of Asia…SFE(2), Chi(2), Sin(2), and Ind(3) or Yak(2)at least.

And if UK/US are going for Pacific isles then Germany is having a field day in Africa and v USSR!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m