Whacha Gonna Do When We Come for You? Sad-dam, Mad sAs …

• Your opinions, please!

• @F_alk:

Well, what about nailing yourself on a cross like the SOB you think is the messiah?

i know this was mean and not meant serious, but as long as Xi treats muslims believes like sh*t, i don’T see why i should take care on his faith.

So, please delete this post as soon as the whores above are deleted as well.

good heavens. I didn’t expect you to get so petty so quickly.
    “someone insults someone of another faith, so i’m going to call a beautiful figure, the crux of the believe of many people, a son of a bitch”. Nice.
    I really have to lower my expectations of other people.

• Saddam lacks the conviction of even a ‘backslid’ Muslim.
    We know his history.

F_alk,
    I have said it before and will reiterate.
    You do not understand humor(US, at least.)

• I think it’s possible to point out issues in what others say without inflamming the situation. It’s easy to see perhaps a minor irritant and have it turn into something really negative and nasty.

Personally, I think Saddam is so twisted that he will go down fighting thinking somehow history will remember him fondly….

BB

• Saddam is a survivor, much like Osama. He’ll weasel his way to safety…

• Why not leave Baghdad already then? Oh well, the first missiles are off. War has begun.

• Well, F_alk’s response was kinda, shall-we-say “straightforward” (classic German style :wink: ). But Xi’s asking for it with this jingoistic “poll”.

“72 whores(virgins)” What planet are you on? Xi, seriously :o !

Ozone27

• The 4th infantry and the 1st MArine expeditionary are in Iraq.

But It looks like the U.S. is trying to negotiate a coup in order to avoid a full blown invasion.

• yea, just saw a news flash the 20% of the Republican Guard was surrendering.

• Coalition ttroops have surrounded Basra. Most of the government buildings in Baghdad have been destroyed by 1600 missiles. Two airfields in Western Iraq have been captured by U.S. special forces.

• @yourbuttocks:

The 4th infantry and the 1st MArine expeditionary are in Iraq.

But It looks like the U.S. is trying to negotiate a coup in order to avoid a full blown invasion.

GW is pretty bloodthirsty, isn’t he (sarcasm intended :wink: )…I guess the folks protesting in Northern Cali are pretty bummed GW has managed so far to avoid large-scale loss of civilian life–sure makes GW look less like the brutal murderer he’s supposed to be…

Ozone27

• Yah, haven’t seen those “horrible civilian deaths” all these peaceniks have been talking about. If anything, civilian lives will be saved since Saddam isn’t straving and torturing them to death. Notice how not many Iraqis who escaped from there seem to like that “guy.” But the shock and awe campaign… wow. :)

• The last 5 posts should be in their own thread, and a good thread it would make.

The poll question is inflammatory no doubt about it and I dno’t see any humour in it. That being said it needn’t escalate.

BB

• Al NAzariyah and Basra have fallen but some enemy combatants remain in those cities to be neutralized.

• Heard within the last 2 hours that the Pentagon believes “special” Republican Guard units have counter-infiltrated Nasiriyah since the main US strike forces rolled through…

Possibly the same has happened in Basra, although the battles there could also represent pockets of resistance that have been hiding out. Remember that the war has only been going on for a matter of days, the main US forces attacked & bypassed Basra only a few hours ago…

Keep in mind that the US is using tactics heavily based on the idea of “blitzkrieg” that worked so well in WWII. The main strike forces are bypassing areas of strong enemy resistance in order to attack the enemy’s rear areas & seal them off. In the “mop-up” operations a lot will depend on whether the enemy does the human thing & surrenders, or whether they prolong the fight in order to cause more death, pain & hardship…

Ozone27

• It’s been less than a week since the war began, I doubt it will end this quickly so soon.

• Umm Kasr has been taken three day ago… no, there is still fighting… no, it’s taken, no, there is still fighting…

This war is a prime example of disinformation. The press who is taken with the armed forces is censored before they are allowed to send anything of their stuff home…

• @F_alk:

Umm Kasr has been taken three day ago… no, there is still fighting… no, it’s taken, no, there is still fighting…

This war is a prime example of disinformation. The press who is taken with the armed forces is censored before they are allowed to send anything of their stuff home…

F_alk you are just like a friend of mine who says he doesn’t watch the (especially CNN) military coverage because it’s all Pentagon propaganda designed to demoralize the enemy. :lol:

Now sure, in order to get the access they have (which is unprecedented) CNN & other news agencies have had to agree to some tight controls. They are limited (censored) as to what they report & when they report it. But they are showing LIVE PICTURES from damm near the front lines & interviewing people as they come back from missions. How do you think the Pentagon would’ve handled the story of the GI who fragged some of his fellow soldiers had there not been a newsman there on the scene within seconds of it happening? In some cases the Pentagon will be having headaches due to the amount of access these reporters are having, especially when they start filming people being killed–which may happen in a live broadcast: I’ve certainly already seen people injured. Not saying that’s a good thing, but being informed is never a bad thing…

Except when people are only half-informed & not given proper guidance as to what they are seeing–happened a lot in Vietnam, & its happened in this war as well in regards to the “secured” towns like Basra & Um Qasr. I was not surprised in the least when casualties were taken AFTER the US battle front rolled through–these cities were isolated & surrounded by Coalition forces, in the case of Um Qasr the harbor was taken (& remains in Coalition hands) & the enemy pockets of resistance were bypassed TO BE ELIMINATED LATER AT THE COALITION’S PACE. Works pretty well with enemies that are smart & surrender when the situation is clearly hopeless, works less well when the enemy desires to die fighting, but the result give-or-take some casualties–never a good thing–is still the same.

But when people are told the cities are sealed off & have been bypassed, then they see casualties there occurring days later, they are confused because “Hey, there aren’t supposed to be any Iraqis there!” It’s a mistake for the media not to explain these things in detail.

In the case of al’Nasiriya, as I’ve said before, there is evidence of a counter-infiltration by Iraqi paramilitary forces AFTER the allies secured the bridges & rolled through. That’s pretty bad news. It seems likely to me personally as well that some Iraqi forces in al’Nasiriya, possibly in other places as well, were in hiding, waiting for the assault troops to pass through BEFORE opening fire on the mop-up troops & logistics personnel from hidden positions & ambushes. This is a bad sign that the regime is not going down without a fight, however hopeless…

Also, a certain amount of confusion from the press is understandable given the rapidity of new developments & the eagerness of reporters to scoop everyone else. Still, it beats the reporting on the Lewinsky case.

Or maybe its all just Pentagon propaganda & the Iraqis are actually kicking our a$$es. That IS what Saddam suggested last night–ON THE NEWS! :wink: To each their own…

Ozone27

• That said, US reporting IS much more sensationalistic than for instance German reporting & is quite biased toward the government point of view. All of the “side reports” I’ve seen are pro-US from interviews of Iraqi expatriates & POWs families, to the “embedding” process which tends to skew reporting heavily in favor of the US side. But since Iraqis want to control what gets reported even more than the US military, access to their POV is even more difficult to get, so thats part of their problem. Reporting on global (especially European) opposition to the war has been shunted off the headlines due to the desire of US journalists to get more shots of explosions & gunfire. That doesn’t mean its all lies though–not by a long shot…

Ozone27

• @Ozone27:

But when people are told the cities are sealed off & have been bypassed, then they see casualties there occurring days later, … It’s a mistake for the media not to explain these things in detail.

Fair enough, and a good possible reason. Doesn’t make the news you see “more accurate” though :). So effectively the same, just someone else to blame :)

That IS what Saddam suggested last night–ON THE NEWS! :wink: To each their own…

To each their own… that is a pretty good description of it.
    I must say most trustworthy to me (but no less sensationalistic) are the few reporters left in Bagdad, even though they are accompanied by iraqi officials… just MHO.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m