• Bonfire Of The Vanities… hmmm… what’s it about? :)

• I’m adding Ann Coulter’s new book, Treason.

• hitchiker trilogy!

• Nothing about philosophy and science ?

If you don’t know what’s a differential equations you’re a failure as a humain being.

• If you don’t know what’s a differential equations you’re a failure as a humain being.

Grrr… if you know differential equations then you don’t deserve to be a human being.

• Don’t be dissing diffy q’s and at that double and triple integrals!

• @TG:

If you don’t know what’s a differential equations you’re a failure as a humain being.

Grrr… if you know differential equations then you don’t deserve to be a human being.

I was just quoting Falwell, but i put “don’t know what’s a differential equation” where it was “are not born-again christian”.

• :lol: I could tell you were being sarcastic the first time. :wink:

• @TG:

Bonfire Of The Vanities… hmmm… what’s it about? :)

It’s about chasing money and status within the insanity of 1970s New York City – specifically the up-in-smoke South Bronx.

BY THE WAY – for anyone interested in the actual in-war experience, from the infantryman’s point of view:::::

Slaughterhouse Five – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.: he lived it then wrote about it (WWII Europe)
    The Naked and the Dead – Norman Mailer: lived it then wrote about it (WWII Pacific)
    All Quiet on the Western Front – dont’ know the author but it is the German footsoldier’s view of WWI.

• Slaughterhouse Five is a good book. :)
    He wrote the book during the firebombing of Dresden, correct?

• Here is my current list of reading material that I have: ^^

Seven Days in May
    Fail Safe
    Pride and Prejudice
    Socrates, Buddha, Confucius, Jesus

All are great reads, depending the mood that I am in. ^_^

• You read Jaspers!??? :o

• Jesus never wrote anything :)

• No… Socrates, Buddha, Confucius, Jesus is actually a philosophical book written by Karl Jaspers

• and she says she’s not well read enough to be a “young lady” …… :)

• ZimZaxZero, Eric Remarque. He was drafted into the German army during WW1.

Falk, what the hell are diferential equations?

Yanny, Budha never wrote anything and I believe we no longer have anything Socrates wrote, but I might be wrong.

• I’m pretty sure you’re right Yourbuttocks, i don’t think anything that Socrates wrote still survives today.

• Am I the only one who lives and dies with world war two books? awesome BArbarossa by alan cooke, rommel by ron lewin, panzer leader by heinz guderian??? I think alan cooke also wrote another really good book I liked called stalingrad…?? I also love to read junk novels. ra salvatore, loius lamore ect.

but for young adults I think they need the variety we were all forced to endure:
    of mice and men
    romeo and juleit, hamlet and ottello
    fahrenheit 454
    and I had to read ernest hemmingways biography, he was a very interseting man, although I never actually liked the old man and the sea, or whatever it was we were forced to read.

I think this variety is good, so that you can make your own descisions about what you think of the world. I had this variety and I think the wiorld still sucks, so who can say otherwise? although at the time it did embed a liberal streak that it took several years of hard labor to rid me of.

• @alamein:

although at the time it did embed a liberal streak that it took several years of hard labor to rid me of.

ewwwwww don’t want that to happen to me. :x

• Falk, what the hell are diferential equations?

What math do you take? :-? It’s mostly taken from calc…

Am I the only one who lives and dies with world war two books? awesome BArbarossa by alan cooke, rommel by ron lewin, panzer leader by heinz guderian??? I think alan cooke also wrote another really good book I liked called stalingrad…?? I also love to read junk novels. ra salvatore, loius lamore ect.

That would be me. :)
    I always find a good read in Seven Days in January, With our Backs to Berlin, and Hitler’s Invasion of Russia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m