• hey haven’t posted in a while.I was just wondering what he shortest game you guys have played

• Shortest game ever was when germany tried to take Karelia 1st turn, but lost all their firepower(planes, tanks), and thus were unable to proceed since they were repelled and had no chance of ever doing a good game.

• I took this one guy out in two rounds.

Needless to say he made a FATAL mistake.

I was the Axis

• I remember once we were playing with Paratroopers. Germany took Russia first turn, and Britain 3rd turn. Very fun game.

• I was able to take Russia on turn 2 because of some lucky rolling. because he paniced, i took britain with the baltic tranny turn 3, and then had a mediteranian force take usa when he sqandered the us navy in a failed attack on britain.

• Shortest Game I read about on the net.

In a online community playing with bidding rules where you bid actual pieces, germany where offered 2 transports in the baltic. Game over in germanys turn, with england invaded and allies resigning.

Jondifool

• @jondifool:

Shortest Game I read about on the net.

In a online community playing with bidding rules where you bid actual pieces, germany where offered 2 transports in the baltic. Game over in germanys turn, with england invaded and allies resigning.

Jondifool

Many, many years ago I performed this same feat without additional transports.  I don’t think it was even a rule back then.

It was a tournament game with double elimination, where you had to play once as Axis and once as Allies.  I’d already lost my Allied game, so knowing the Axis are less likely to win, I took a chance on a very unorthodox move.  I had another game (Warhammer 40K) scheduled for later that day, so I was going to either win fast of lose fast.

So here is what I did…

I took 1 chance at technology, got Heavy Bombers, and sent everything afloat, and that could reach England by air into the attack.  My rolls continued to be stunningly good, and my opponent’s were horrid.  I took England with a single infantry, but I owned the sea zone, so no reinforcements were possible.  He resigned before the 2nd turn was over, and was not too happy about it.

I later figured out the odds of success in this attack at around 2%, with anything but complete success pretty much ensuring a very quick Axis defeat.  In our local gaming club it’s a near-legendary accomplishment.

• I remember reading how someone did the HB takeover of GBR on Ger 1 at another site a few years ago.

They spent $30 on tech and got the HB and another tech.

Tech wise, LRA also helps, LRA + HB will give Germany about a 50+% chance of taking over GBR.  If you start spending that much on tech from the get-go…

I think that was why tournament rules apply tech gains at the end of your turn rather than the beginning.

The odds of winning without either tech dropped to <10%.

• No bid means you got to have the dice roll your way.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m