Instead of bidding try this in your game

• On a side note, the Army of Manchuria was actually quite large… much larger than is represented in game. This army really never experienced defeat and so many of their soldiers were loathe to lay down arms at the end.

Are you sure about that? The Russians really gave the Japanese a sound thrasing when they entered the war.

• Two corrections to the previous post by me:

#1 It was the Kwangtung Army, not the Army of Manchuria

#2 You’re right, TG Moses VI, the Soviets did thrash them about pretty well during the roughly 2 week of fighting. I think my problem was that I was accidentaly confusing the fact that until the Soviet invasion on 9th August, the Kwangtung Army was still a large force to be reckoned with and it is true that after the war the Japanese government had to issue special orders that basically made what was going to happen “not surrendering” so there would be no shame.

I looked up some statistics on it and found that the Japanese lost almost 600,000 prisoners plus 80,000 killed/wounded in almost 2 weeks. The Soviets lost 8,200 killed and like 20,000 wounded. Very good site on this is

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1986/RMF.htm

Anyways my apologies to anyone I managed to confuse on this one. I’ll stick to mostly commenting on the European theatre from now on :oops:

• Yeah, well that’s what you get when you face against Russian tanks and artillery. Poor Japs. :(

(though it is impressive when you look at what the Japanese still held after the war was over)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m