• Hey everyone. I was the anomynos dude a few posts ago. Me and a few guys were playing a game of the original A+A and it was all our first game. It took 3 hours. 3!!! I think it was due to the lack of knowledge the axis had. Would it be fair if me and this other kid who has past experience with the game were the axis while the three others were the allies? It doesnt seem to fair for the axis!

• it’s generally a good idea tohave your best players play the axis, especially if you’re relativly new to the game. This kind of forces the other players to get their game up to par in order to beat the better ones, then they could try the axis.

• once the newbies realize that the allies have to work together on all fronts, thats when the competition begins.

• The axis are a powerful force if guided

correctly. The difference between the two

sides is that the axis are tuned more as a

knock out fighter. Where as the allies have

greater endurance. The key to being good

with both sides is altering what I just said.

Teach the axis how to fight a long war and

teach the allies how to throw a knock out

punch. I know this is rather general but I

find it easier to work out the detais myself.

You and only you can master your own plan.

Look at both sides from a broad persepctive.

• when youplay against inexperienced players games can be very short.

• On 2002-01-14 16:15, KING TIGER wrote:
    The axis are a powerful force if guided

correctly. The difference between the two

sides is that the axis are tuned more as a

knock out fighter. Where as the allies have

greater endurance. The key to being good

with both sides is altering what I just said.

Teach the axis how to fight a long war and

teach the allies how to throw a knock out

punch. I know this is rather general but I

find it easier to work out the detais myself.

You and only you can master your own plan.

Look at both sides from a broad persepctive.

This is good advice. I could never win as Germany 'till I learned you CAN in fact win a long game. Now they are my favorite.

Ozone27

• KING TIGER, Ozone
    How do you guys usually defend Europe
    (like, a ton of inf in W.E., some in E.E., 2-3 in S.E. and more in Germ.; or all in East and west, a few in Ukr, new ones in Germ.)
    just wondering as I haven’t been able to decide how I should do this.

• Usu1513, My answer to your question, not that you are asking me, is, it depends on what the allies can throw at you. With Germany you cover the territories that are threaten with the least amount of units possible. that is , just what is required to hold the country in question. Germany needs all possible units to take and hold Russia.

• This is true. To get down to the nitty-gritty: as Germany you start the game making 32 IPCs a turn, right? So if it was just you and USSR in a straight fight, you’d waste them in a few turns, right? Problem is you’ve gotta deal with the threat from the Western Allies at the same time–and still have enough money to grind down Russia. That is the tough part. The trick is holding off the Western Allies from invading Europe WITH THE LEAST POSSIBLE IPC INVESTMENT, so the vast majority of your IPCs can be spent against USSR. You MUST increase your economy in order to have enough $$$ do do this. The more you can weaken USSR’s buying power, the better–try strategic bombing Karelia and hope you get lucky. Get your ally (Japan) to help by bombing USSR as well. The Allies will gang up on you–gang up on them whenever you can! Watch what USSR buys carefully–it will clue you in to what you need to buy to counter it. Remember as attacker you have the option to retreat–against USSR, at least, any battle where you score more hits against them than they against you can be a victory: the war against USSR is an economic war, and whoever can best manage their resources correctly will get stronger and stronger, while the enemy gets weaker and weaker. And the best advice is to play a few games as the Allies: once you get a feel for their tactics and strategic needs, you will be able to anticipate some of their moves and take measures to counter them.

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m