Ukraine (2inf, 1art)
    4inf Caucasus
    1tnk Russia

Buryatia (2inf)
    7inf Stc

Dice…

Bel rd1
    A: 4inf, 1art
    DiceRolls: 3@1 2@2; Total Hits: 03@1: (4, 5, 2)2@2: (3, 4)

D: 2inf, 1art
    DiceRolls: 3@2; Total Hits: 13@2: (2, 3, 4)

• Bel rd2
    A: 3inf, 1art
    DiceRolls: 2@1 2@2; Total Hits: 02@1: (3, 3)2@2: (4, 5)

DiceRolls: 3@2; Total Hits: 23@2: (1, 2, 6)

• Bel holds without loss, 1inf, 1art retreat to Russia.

Buryatia rd1
    A: 7inf
    DiceRolls: 7@1; Total Hits: 17@1: (3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 3)

D: 2inf
    DiceRolls: 2@2; Total Hits: 12@2: (1, 3)

• Buryatia rd2
    A: 6inf
    DiceRolls: 6@1; Total Hits: 26@1: (6, 1, 6, 1, 6, 6)

D: 1inf
    DiceRolls: 1@2; Total Hits: 01@2: (4)

• Buryatia liberated, 1inf lost.

Ukraine rd1
    A: 4inf, 1tnk
    DiceRolls: 4@1 1@3; Total Hits: 04@1: (3, 5, 3, 4)1@3: (5)

DiceRolls: 3@2; Total Hits: 23@2: (2, 4, 1)

• Well I think that will do it ; will take some time for a last look at the board before giving my resignation.

• '10

rough dice

• Results:

Ukraine holds without loss, 2inf, 1tnk retreat to Russia.
    Bel holds without loss, 1inf, 1art retreat to Russia.
    Buryatia liberated, 1inf lost.

NCM:

2inf Euk -> Russia
    1inf Urals -> Russia
    1SS sz12 -> sz23
    1bmb Australia -> Caucasus
    4inf, 1art Norway -> Finland

Place Units:

2tnk, 4inf Russia
    2tnk, 2inf Caucasus

Collect $28+5=33

well… it’s really because that’s a final that I will look at your J3 before giving up… just in case I would see a way to have a chance without Russia. But this just moved from 99% lost to 101% lost…

11T-championship-RD-vs-Yoshi-03Br.aam

• '10

J3
    3 inf 5 ftr

-chi 2 inf
    nin 2 inf
    sik 2 inf
    fic 1 ftr
    -ind 2 inf 1 rtl
    bur 1 inf
    mad 2 inf
    ngu 2 inf 1 rtl 1 arm
    z32 1 ftr

chi
    a
    DiceRolls: 4@1 1@3; Total Hits: 04@1: (3, 2, 3, 4)1@3: (4)
    d

• '10

a
    DiceRolls: 4@1 1@3; Total Hits: 14@1: (6, 1, 4, 2)1@3: (5)
    d

• '10

shoot i forgot to roll for the second chi inf.  i’ll roll two now to catch up

DiceRolls: 2@1; Total Hits: 02@1: (4, 5)

• '10

a
    DiceRolls: 4@1 1@3; Total Hits: 14@1: (1, 5, 4, 2)1@3: (6)
    d

• '10

chi twol

ind
    a
    DiceRolls: 4@1 2@2 2@3; Total Hits: 34@1: (4, 1, 4, 4)2@2: (4, 1)2@3: (3, 5)
    d
    DiceRolls: 3@2; Total Hits: 33@2: (1, 2, 2)

• '10

they go out w bang.  ind twlo 3 inf

ncm
    chi-nin 1 ftr
    ind-z35 1 ftr
    z32-z35 1 ac
    z62-z61 fleet
    z48-z61 fleet
    jpn-kia 1 arm 1 rtl
    kwa-kia 2 inf
    fuk-kia 1 inf

place
    jpn 3 inf 5 ftr

11T-championship-RD-vs-Yoshi-03cJ.aam

• Yeah that’s enough, you won. Good game and congrat’z for the title :).

• '10

Thanks Yoshi, good game!  Would have been nice if the dice had been more even and we could go more rounds.

Strategy wise, if I might comment and get your thoughts too…  While round 1 favored the axis (I agree that every other game one ought to expect to get diced in an opening battle, didn’t happen this time), in my humble opinion there were a few related decisions that cost the Allies the game.

First, while the sub bid and R1 bmb build takes out a few free trannies, given G1 was solid I think the bmb was a risky buy without R1 land units in the bid.  Second, Russia’s difficulties were compounded by the all-Pacific USA1 strategy which made it impossible for the key USA swing power to help out in the crucial Euro theater which was already looking tough by USA1 (and about to get tougher).  Third was the killer z12 UK naval mistake where whether I came out a fighter ahead or behind wouldn’t have mattered as the navy was sunk and the ability to shuck land units delayed (which would not have been a problem had USA naval assets been there to reinforce).  While that was I think a miscalculation mistake, strategically once the USA navy wasn’t in the Atlantic, had the UK navy gone the more conservative Northern route to bolster and take back Karelia (maybe using air to take out the Italian navy) it’s possible the Pacific USA strat would have had time to work.  I think you knew that with my G2 (and G3 though not needed) bmb build and z8 ss move that I was itching to take out the UK navy in z12 as the lack of any Russian land pressure would allow me to trade replaceable air with harder to replace UK navy.  Finally, I think the all Pacific USA1 route is generally speaking pretty risky, as it requires your opponent to make mistakes in order to work out well and in my opinion is easy for a carefully played Japan to defend against.

Of course, with bad dice it may have still ended up the same, but perhaps taken 10 rounds.

I’m sure I over simplified the above, as I don’t have that much experience w AA50 (tried to learn AA50 as quickly as possible through test games I played in the 2011 leagues, of which I made many mistakes).

RD

• I strongly believe that an all against Japan can work, even if it might not be wise in any game. I’m not sure that it could not work here… hesitated some time before going for it. Should have waited US2 maybe; like I sometimes do. But I thought J1 was too good to have a chance to be countered after waiting. And I guess I dislike boring KGF too much to go for it (did that only once here ^^ ).

But obviously sz12 was just a killer… computed it once in a hurry at 55% for you, then stayed with my calculation in mind, and did not check again later on. After loosing Egypt, so badly, I just fought “that game is almost dead, a 40% of taking air while keeping a BB is good for me” ; obvioulsy not a less than 15%… I should have gone to Norway instead, and preserve russian troops closer to the fight.

But well played or not, not sure if I had a chance with these dices… at least I should have had time so that dices might have been better later on.

Conclusion : playing too fast is not good sometimes :p

• '10

I agree that an all out vs Japan can be effective, and I’m sure you’ve had good success with it, but it probably works beat with a coordinated effort by the allies and not just the USA right?  I would think a certain amount of over extension by Japan and/or an inferior or soon to be inferior economic position vs the USA is also important.  Otherwise you need the Japs to delay their response (as you can’t exactly sneak up on them with pacific builds) or make a mistake.  IC placement is also a key factor.  In our case, once i saw you build all pacific i built accordingly immediately for Japan and was confident I could contain USA efforts.  It just seems to me that the turn order for the allies in 41 on the pacific is just really difficult.

• yeah, us alone will not be effective. And that is only a long term strategy. You will not see the real effects before long. UK is the key to my mind for such a strategy ; you need to find the good compromise of the energy you send with them, between the south and the north. Which I made terribly badly in this one :p

Good game guys.

Congrats RD!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m