• Founder TripleA Admin

This is an old topic but I thought it would be fun to add a poll to it.

• I may sound like i’m waffling a bit, but in the early game I enjoy Germany the most - i don’t know, they seem to be able to do the most killing in the first couple of turns. For the majority of the game (mid-game) Japan for me is the most fun - they get to stomp just about everywhere they feel like. For the precious end-game, prolly the Americans if only 'cuz of the challenge of saving the world.
    Russia - boring. Defend properly or die.
    Britain - too spread out, yet still not many options.

• Well, Japan is my number one for all the reasions Crypt said. I can increase my economy 100% at paint Asia Yellow. Germany is fun, especially for the first few turns (ditto Crypt), but it soon becomes an unbearable agony watching your hordes of inf and ARM melt away against a o punishing array of Allied manpower. Russia and UK, not my style. So there in lies USA, which is always a joy to play as you tip the scales in the Allied favor.

• russias the best, russia then germany

good russian strat^_^
    yeah ive been raised w/ the whole russia restricted so my whole defense is centered around that. for giving up manchuria or whateer the fringe country is by the end of placing new pieces russia isnt going anywhere w/out a fight. yeah no attacks r made but the japanese can be stopped coming through towards russia for 3-4 turns depending on how he reacts.

good us strat^_^
    hey i agree w/ the cant ignore the pacific theatre. yeah the us is obligated to be the rainmaker to the brits and soviets long enough for them to stay alive. t1 a good way to start is bring ur transport to help take out the afrika korps and pushing ur fighters/ bombers to britian. at the same time if they ignore the japs completely it will be a wild fire thats consumed most of asia, australia/ new zealand and depending on how long germany actually holds up africa. ive played tons of games and deeply disheartened saying the faulty us strategy of keeping away from the pacific theatre.
    they americans had a lovely plan during ww2 called island hopping, worked out quite well if i remember right. the sub strat was was good but what u can do after that is 2 battleships and 2 loaded transports island hopping in about 3-4 turns.

ill answer any ?s if ya have any^_^

• i chose japan for overall favorite, but it really depends on who all is playing. guess it would be japan, america, britain, russia, germany (i suck at germany for some reason)

oh, and just found these forums today, while lookin for a cheep/free source of the computer version, since i lost mine.

• I don’t thnk anybody could suck at Russia or Germany (well except for the opening turn). All you do is buy infantry and stack. That’s all there is to it. 8)

• ud be surprised, ive seen a couple games where after the japs move they just restarted the game bc of a faulty russia strat :D

• That’s true about Russia and Germany when you play the computer, but when you play a human player it’s much harder. You need to out-msart the enemy. In the computer game I captured Russia as Germany on the 2nd turn.

• Yeah, it isn’t that hard. 5 inf in the Caucasus with 4 inf in Moscow!? What was the Russian AI thinking? Probably too much electronic vodka :roll:

• the sad thign about it is that the Russian AI can re-take Karelia with all his forces if he tries but he doesnt and then when you take Russia on turn 2, all the Russian player does on turn 3 is take Ukraine which doesnt even help him because he is gaining no IPCs.

• Yeah, there are plenty of times where I’ve taken Russia with 5 or less ARM remaining. And since my planes can’t provide backup, Russia can easily take it back on T3. Unfortunately for the AI, wasn’t pre-programmed for what to do in that situation.

• i feel like the UK has alot of options, they are all over so you could go atlantic navy, IC is australie, india or south africa, that is more options than germany or ussr, i feel like if germany and ussr are played equally and japan is aggressive than the uk can change the whole game by either hitting germany hard or if they can hold the IC in india making japan very ineffective. i dont likeplaying them much, but they can be huge.

• As Japan I always take India and China on the first turn so a complex there is pretty useless. When I play the AI, it’s very convenient because the UK will always place a complex on India on T1 so when I take it, I get a free complex and the UK wastes its IPCs for the first turn. South Africa and Australia are good places to put a complex on. East Canada is also an option.

• Whoa, I can’t imagine the monster Japan would be with those rules. :wink:

• you can hold india T1 if you know what you are doing, there are many inf. you can bring there as well as a russian fighter if need be, also if the E meditaranean sub escapes some kind of attack on G1 you can use that to block the amphibious assault from the islands of japan. therefore india can be held, and if it is then that is a nice thorn in the side of japan

• Not just India but landbridging into Asia itself. Usually with Japan you spend a lot of money buying 5+ transports. But with these landbridging rules, it’s just one transport and you can place inf en mass by T2.

• JAPAN!!! :D

• Yeah, we all know that Japan is the best. :wink:
    However, looking at the poll, I was quite disappointed that USA and UK came out bottom last. I thought they would at least score higher. UK is great, since there’s so many possibilities to take advantage of (the India factor, Monty in Africa, helping the Russians, or D-Day in Europe. USA is also a great country to play as, giving you a steady income (compared with UK) and many different approaches (Pacific, Europe). Plus USA is the “game breaker” that can easily swing the game in the Allies favor.

• I have refrained from posting on this topic 'cause there were so many posts already, I didn’t want to have to read the whole thing. Well I still haven’t so bear with me if I repeat something that was already said!

I’ll have to agree with you Mose, about the U.K. I’m probably in the British school of thought when it comes to strategy anyway! (gag) :roll: Well, the only problem for U.K. is not having enough stuff to work with at the begining, so you can’t concentrate on much more than one spot. (Historically this is probably because of post-WWI disarmament) (more gagging) :evil: They do start with a lot of territories though.

• Yeah, playing UK isn’t easy. When you first start out, you have the largest Empire (Territory Wise). From then on, you IPC income drops and drops and you empire gets smaller and smaller. [Sadly, I learned that the hard way in my first game of A&A]. However, if you’re good enough, I have seen UK pursue and effective two point strategy of helping out Asia as well as Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m