Bush Covering for an Invasion of Iraq?

• Bush is smart if he’s lying about not having attack plans on his desk. Everything that the media has said for months leads me to believe that Iraq should be toast by about yesterday.

What do you think?

• we are idiots…you don’t tell a country we are going to attack it…you just do it.

where did these people learn warfare?

“Hey russia, on turn 2 i’m throwing all my tanks in ukraine…”

• Well ain’t much Saddam can do about it (except for NBC’s) even if we do warn him ahead of time.

Japan: “This turn I’m going to attack Pearl Harbor with 2 BB’s, 1 Bmb, 1 Sub, 1 AC, and a whole mess of planes.”
    USA: “Yeah, so what am I going to do about it!”

• @TG:

Well ain’t much Saddam can do about it (except for NBC’s) even if we do warn him ahead of time.

Japan: “This turn I’m going to attack Pearl Harbor with 2 BB’s, 1 Bmb, 1 Sub, 1 AC, and a whole mess of planes.”
    USA: “Yeah, so what am I going to do about it!”

Yes, but now Saddam can hide, and prepare…and he is.

• You don’t think Saddam has always been hiding ever since Desert Storm? I read an article that even with all his luxury palaces he doesn’t even sleep in them but in hidden locations changed each week. He’s also been appearing less in the public and dropped his military fatigues for “Western” style suits (ironic?). All of this and Bush still hasn’t announced if he’ll go and get Saddam.*

• = Technically and formally he hasn’t, as reported by the Chiefs of Staff. And if he were the make the announcement, the invasion would have to wait until at least next year.

• I’m for taking Iraq, end of subject. One less hiding place for terrorists even though there would still be plenty of places and hey one less chemical producing nation to sell the stuff to the terrorists let alone one less nuke research program that could yield results for terrorists as well.

• @TG:

You don’t think Saddam has always been hiding ever since Desert Storm? I read an article that even with all his luxury palaces he doesn’t even sleep in them but in hidden locations changed each week. He’s also been appearing less in the public and dropped his military fatigues for “Western” style suits (ironic?). All of this and Bush still hasn’t announced if he’ll go and get Saddam.*

• = Technically and formally he hasn’t, as reported by the Chiefs of Staff. And if he were the make the announcement, the invasion would have to wait until at least next year.

I think on arabnews.com there was something about Bush giving the CIA permission to topple Saddam. did anyone else hear this?

BTW I heard Annan from the UN told Saddam to trade the uniform for a suit!

• arabnews.com?”

I wouldn’t exactly call this the most accurate and reliable source of news. :wink:

• Yes Horten, Bush has given the CIA permission.

• @Yanny:

Yes Horten, Bush has given the CIA permission.

any more info on that? links?

• Looks like ya got lots of parallel strings. :)

• The US always has military plans drawn up for all “troublesome” regions. That’s what military planners and strategists get paid for…

• No sources, was all over the news when he said it. Problem is, our news channels are fickle.

• @Captain:

I’m for taking Iraq, end of subject. One less hiding place for terrorists even though there would still be plenty of places and hey one less chemical producing nation to sell the stuff to the terrorists let alone one less nuke research program that could yield results for terrorists as well.

why stop at Iraq.
    there are lots of trouble-making nations housing terrorists and weapons. I think America should hit most of Europe just to be sure as many of those countries have the ability to make various weapons, have warred with America at some point in time, and house terrorists. Ireland too, Columbia, and i know that there are some terrorists hiding in Canada with bomb-making capabilities. Plus there are people that hate America all over the world - not just Iraq.
    America could prolly hit most of the countries in the world. Maybe not New Zealand . . . they’re prolly safe still.

• Hmmm… I didn’t know Canada openly let in terrorist. They must of came for the beer… :)

• @TG:

Hmmm… I didn’t know Canada openly let in terrorist. They must of came for the beer… :)

actually the hockey - Tie Domi, etc.
    all great terrors on the ice.

• CC - The US probably won’t stop with Iraq. It’s GOOD to be the cop. Today Iraq, tomorrow the world! (Ooh, went a little far this time…)

• @Field:

CC - The US probably won’t stop with Iraq. It’s GOOD to be the cop. Today Iraq, tomorrow the world! (Ooh, went a little far this time…)

ahhh well,
    maybe i’ll be one of those wealthy doctors living in Florida treating old people’s hemorrhoids for a fat fee by then. Then i won’t care about any other country either :)

• @Yanny:

Yes Horten, Bush has given the CIA permission.

LOL. The CIA couldn’t organize a child’s birthday party, let alone take out an entire regime.

• Yes, because the CIA has had such a spotless track record…… LOL!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m