• '19 Moderator

Does anyone know where I can find an online dice roller or even a dice rolling program I can down load?

I use the rollers at the A&A clubs But I want some thing more generic that I can just imput the number of dice and get back a random roll.

• Yes I noticed that the links for the dice rolling programs on this site are broken. But if you’re looking for an A&A dice roller try http://www.wargamer.com/axisandallies/general/downloads_main.html

• Make one yourself, hell, I’ll give you the Visual Basic code, if you want it. Just tell me what kind of dice you want to roll and the specifics.

• '19 Moderator

I don’t know the first thing about programing. I assume a dice rolling program woulg be fairly easy to make. A program that gererates a random number(s) within given limits.

If you can create this Yanny I think it would a great addition to this site and a good tool for pbem games.

Moses: I have an A&A sim program I just want a generic dice roller.

• I wonder if anyone has made a dice rolling program for a PDA or graphic calculator. Something like that would be nice to speed up battles.

• k, I’ll make it. Its gonna look something like this:

Output Box to show dice rolls
    Input Box for how many dice to roll
    Input box for Minumum number to roll
    Input Box for Maximum number to roll
    And lables to tie it all together.

I’ll try to have it done by the weekend.

• '19 Moderator

Awesome!

• I have it made (only took 10 minutes once I got off my lazy ass and made it) How do I post it on this board? Do I need webspace? Dont have any atm.

Me = Clueless on these things.

• Ha. And you still have the know how to run this website. What are the odds?

• David Jensen runs it :wink:

• What’s your job then? Just plain 'ol moderator? Sounds lke a fine position for me.

• Yep, he asked me about 4 months ago if I would like the job. I don’t have anything to do with the Website, just the forums.

• Oh, were there many other forum members before you joined up? I wouldn’t know since I really didn’t start browsing the forums until six months ago. Is there any reason he chose you?

• Dunno, ask him, I just got an email one day and said yes. I have been around for about a year, but after we got hacked (and most regular posters left) I started posting a lot, he saw that, and asked me. At least thats why I think he did it.

• Oh so you only been a moderator for a few months then. In all your time have you ever had to moderate something?

• Not really :wink: As David starts working on the new sight setup, it will become a more dynamic site. Hopefully, that means work for me.

• Well I kinda like this webpage layout. Are these a few minor changes or a complete overhaul?

• i love the layout. cleancut and fast loading… i’m on a pentium90 right now!

• I believe it is a change to the back end side of the website. Meaning, it will seem like very little has changed, but in terms of updating and/or coding it, it will be much easier. From what I gather, it takes quite an effort to update the website as it is now.

• Oh well that’s understandable. Most people today hammer out code a la machine style, but you can save a lot of time and effort just spending time and making it elegant. Also a few minor changes wouldn’t be so bad, I just don’t want to see anything like popups.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m