• Never seen nothing like it.I have the feeling that things wouldn t be so easy for the Axis.Even with Russia gone,invading the Island is still a big task for Germany if Japan is out of the picture.The question is,can the US take Japan before Germany takes UK??Germany would definitely need Africa first.With sufficient SBRing,both are equally plausible.

• Sorry, just noticed the original save of the game was not correct. Now there is the right one. Apologies to the two users, who have downloaded it already  :roll:

• Sounds interesting. I’d say that G/J should ultimately have an advantage over the UK/US but it would take hours and rounds before any decision, so I think you guys did best in calling it a draw.

• What a great game it was Granada :)  Granada the Great !  You have taught me much.

I do believe we were right in calling it a draw … after Moscow fell, Axis did not make a single correct decision to seal the win. The Allies were still very much in the game.

After a fresh look at the save, maybe Axis should have built a couple Jap factories in Africa and began pumping out troops and/or waited a couple rounds saveing IPC’s until Jap could have dumped a much larger fleet in the pac while Germany built up?

Either way, one for the books!  :mrgreen:

• @Paulzy:

After a fresh look at the save, maybe Axis should have built a couple Jap factories in Africa and began pumping out troops and/or waited a couple rounds saveing IPC’s until Jap could have dumped a much larger fleet in the pac while Germany built up?

I also cannot stop thinking of the game  :-D.

After ckecking the file I think Japan would get under severe pressure in the coming rounds having to defend both Japan and FIC. And actually there would be some options in India too. US build next round would be 3trns and tnk Borneo, 2inf and tnk philippines, 2bmb EIC, moving the fleet next to borneo. Thus US would be threatening the next round to hit either FIC or Jap with 4inf, 2tnk, 3figs, 3bbs, 10bmbs (8 on jap). It would not be entirely easy to defend both. Or US could have set up at India, threatening to produce there 3 UK units before the next jap move. It could have been difficult for jap to hit India then without exposing FIC. If US would get India and FIC, I think Allies may get the upper hand again. But should those threats fail I think Axis would prevail soon after this.

• how do i open that map?

• In TripleA. It is a TripleA file.

• @Granada:

In TripleA. It is a TripleA file.

Oh!  I was trying in abattlemap, silly me :)

Thanks, works perfectly now.

Edit: that’s an odd situation, and a lot of American IC’s…

• @special:

Well, the fact it is an odd situation made me to start this discussion.  :wink:

I have built all these ICs making myself ready for a long fight, and being able to produce units where I really need them. I think I had a good chance to develop a real pressure on FIC/japan, but as we left it I have not really checked.

• @Granada:

@special:

Well, the fact it is an odd situation made me to start this discussion.  :wink:

I have built all these ICs making myself ready for a long fight, and being able to produce units where I really need them. I think I had a good chance to develop a real pressure on FIC/japan, but as we left it I have not really checked.

Well, odd or not, it is indeed a good base to work from. Within reach of many targets, able to build alot fast. And plenty of subs to avoid Axis naval builds.

In this situation (and even more after u took Africa), controlling the seas means winning the game (in the long run)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m