• Well after a few months of just mainly playing global 40 now to play spring 42 it seems so small. I’m going to assume a lot of people have already done this, but compare the size of some places, like Borneo, Japan, UK, Australia they all seem so small compared to the huge board for global 40. Has anyone else felt this way when going back to play 42?

• @Dylan:

Well after a few months of just mainly playing global 40 now to play spring 42 it seems so small. I’m going to assume a lot of people have already done this, but compare the size of some places, like Borneo, Japan, UK, Australia they all seem so small compared to the huge board for global 40. Has anyone else felt this way when going back to play 42?

Yeah, the African territories, France, China … It’s a huge difference

• The glass is half full… I feel the opposite when I play AAG40. It’s a nice game, but I really prefer AA42 because of its simplicity that allows for faster games. AA50 is the best one, since it is bigger than AA42 but not so overwhelming as AAG40.

• Well, my glass is 1/4 full then… For a worldwide game, I still prefer AA42. Global40 is just too big and long. I have kids to take care of, and a day job!

However, I really like Europe 1940 for the setting, because there’s stuff going on all over the place, and Europe is my favorite place in Axis and Allies games.

In AA42, the Pacific theater is just so quiet, Japan slowly crawls towards Russia, mostly unimpeded.

So it’s EU1940 or AA42.

• I still like 42 the best out of all of them but I hate how small and dark the new board is. We play with the old one but with new rules.

It’s weird, everytime we’ve played 50 it goes by quicker than a game of 42.

• '12

I think the board is a bit small for '42, it was poorly designed, but with the map Imperious Leader created that is solved.  I think games of '42 take long enough and I understand global takes longer to play.  I wish I had time to try the other flavours of AA.  I have an original Pacific version that has never been played other than the one simulated game I played when I first got it a decade ago!  Now if only I still had my first AA game with the paper map and cardboard pieces!

• by small, you mean Map size?
    if so, there are Full scale maps you can print out.  there is one map  that you can print  up in 12 sections,  so i print them up on a printer at work. 
    I have the file, but it  may be too large to email.  but there are links elsewhere on this site, but i could not find them

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m