• '10

He did fine against the Jets a couple weeks earlier.

• I think Tom Brady finds a way to win if he plays for the Colts in those playoff games.

I know Payton Manning reads defense, calls his own plays and is basically his own offensive coordintor. With that said, do you think the reason he didn’t win those playoff games was maybe he was trying to do to much? At some point the game comes down to the natural flow of the game.

• The Jets lost Jim leonard the Friday in practice before that game Johnny. The team was mentally shook up. Leonard was screeming in pain on the field with a broken leg. I am not saying Brady is a bad QB he is great but if Manning played for the Pats with that team around him he would have more titles than Brady. If you don’t believe me fine. Jamie Dukes and Rod Woodson essentially said the same thing I said. I am a Jets fan I am not hiding that. I hate the Patriots more than the Colts. With that being said I respect Brady but I still think Manning is more of a field general and leader. The Patriots have dominated my green and white for 10 years and the Colts took away my super bowl 2 years ago so I don’t like either one of them. Johnny, you and AB I can tell  are Patriots fans and thats fine. You are defending your guy I can appreciate that this is just my opinion from watching these guys over the last 10 years or so. I just think Manning is better.

• @GoSanchez6:

AB I can tell  are Patriots fans and thats fine.

Patriot Fan?!? I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan. My favorite team in the AFC is Kansas City.

Here is why I choose Brady.

Lets start discussing his accomplishments in the most remarkable historic terms: youngest QB to win one, two or three Super Bowls, engineer of the longest win streak in NFL history, leader of the only walk-off scoring drive in Super Bowl history, owner of the best winning percentage by a QB in modern NFL history and best overtime record in NFL history, and one of just four players to boast multiple Super Bowl MVP awards.

Manning has the better stats, 399 TD and 198 INTs compared to brady’s 261 TD and 103 INTs.

I take Championships over stats.

• My wife is a chiefs fan. I thought I saw somewhere where you said you were Pats fan. Sorry. You and I are going to disagree on this one. I will end with this If Manning played for the Patriots and Brady the Colts do you really believe Brady would have 3 super bowls. I say no. I think Manning might have 4 with that team around him and coaching staff. Even though they cheat.

• I don’t understand the need to keep talking about cheating. I really don’t. It’s a little strange at this point… a little too under your skin. It’s strange… people have stopped talking about Vick torturing dogs (paid his price), or Stallworth running over a guy while drunk (paid his price), but people can’t stop talking about Spygate, even though a price was paid. Hmm. Time to get priorities in order?

The whole argument about no rings since Spygate is flawed - firstly, who wins multiple championships, anyhow? A very rare occurrence. It would be strange to think the Patriots could do it over and over again in the first place. Just making the playoffs most years is an incredible feat. That’s hard enough. Secondly, what on earth did the Tyree catch have to do with Spygate? Eh? An escape from pressure and catch that couldn’t be duplicated again if you did it a thousand times cost the Patriots a post-spygate championship. No cameraman in the wrong place on the field could have ever changed that fortune.

To the question! IMO Manning is the better passer, and Brady the better overalll leader. I think in the big picture they’re pretty equal.

Also, the same case could be made for Brady if you put him on the Colts. He might have more than the 1 title that Manning has. The case can certainly be made, based on the fact that he’s been playing a healthy dose of games in the elements, while Manning gets air conditioning and pumped-in crowd noise. It has been my experience that Manning throws a few more pics when things are on the line… refute?

As an obvious Pats fan, I’d be happy to have Manning on the team. YES, he would have been great with the Pats defense in the early 2000s. He probably would have won at least two and maybe three. Brady was the right fit for that particular style of team. Manning would have been a great fit for the Randy Moss era.

• “The case can certainly be made, based on the fact that he’s been playing a healthy dose of games in the elements, while Manning gets air conditioning and pumped-in crowd noise. It has been my experience that Manning throws a few more pics when things are on the line… refute?”

That can not be refuted. Manning wins games in perfect conditions. He struggles with 3-4 defenses, cold climates, press coverage and pressure situations.

In car terms, Manning is a sports car, Brady is a Jeep.

• Lets take this discussion to the public in the form of an poll.

• '10

The Jets lost Jim leonard the Friday in practice before that game Johnny. The team was mentally shook up. Leonard was screeming in pain on the field with a broken leg.

Players get hurt all the time.  If that’s their (your) excuse for them losing, the Jets are not a good team. The is a terrible excuse.

• Eli Manning is a bust! Why didn’t you put Eli Manning BB?

• @GoSanchez6:

Watch Nfl network most of the analysts agree with me on this one. Brady plays in a system he doesn’t read defenses like Manning. Manning calls almost all of his plays. Look at this years playoffs Brady couldn’t audible his way out against what the Jets threw at him. Manning did most of the night.

NFL players poll placed Brady over Manning.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m