• As a Detroit Lions fan, I have to say Barry Sanders

• @Gargantua:

WHERE’s EDDIE GEORGE!?!?!? WTF!

At number 25. Even as a Buckeye fan I can’t admit Eddie to this conversation.

• @ABWorsham:

@rjpeters70:

SuperTecmo Bowl:

Joe Montana in the back of one end zone, Jerry Rice in the end of the other.�  120 yard TD pass in quadruple coverage.�  Every time.

Tec’ was awesome.

It was an awesome game.

You know, most people talk about the offensive players, but there were some overpowered defensive players as well.  I generally went with one of the inside linebackers and slipped between the center and the guard.  Chris Spielman was one I particularly liked, and maybe Derrick Thomas? (although he may have been outside).  I would also could take the nosetackle and sack the QB/stuffed the run for a loss the grand majority of the time, no matter the player.

• Charles Haley was fast off the edge as a pass rusher. And Dion Sanders was ridiculously fast.

• For you Super TecmoBowl fans, what are your top four favorite teams to play?
    San Francisco, Houston, Miami and Buffalo

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Tampa bay bucanneers.  They are a game genie unlock!

• I remember taking a very average Dallas team deep into the playoffs and doing well. Until facing S.F, you had to play mistake free and hope you could stop the computer on a drive.

I surprised and glad this topic was resurrected from 2010. Lol

• @ABWorsham:

I remember taking a very average Dallas team deep into the playoffs and doing well. Until facing S.F, you had to play mistake free and hope you could stop the computer on a drive.

I surprised and glad this topic was resurrected from 2010. Lol

And look how casually it happened.

• @ABWorsham:

For you Super TecmoBowl fans, what are your top four favorite teams to play?
    San Francisco, Houston, Miami and Buffalo

I generally went with Dallas, KC, Detroit and either Giants or Eagles (QB Eagles was a beast).  We generally left the Raiders off limits, but I liked them.

Later iterations of Tecmo football games were pretty good.  I even picked up a DS version that was very reminiscent of the original game, although with new features - super abilities, custom players/team, cutscenes during gameplay, etc.  Alas, it did not have the NFL license to use real names of players or teams, and didn’t try to emulate the actual teams in any way except for city names.  Just looked it up…Tecmo Bowl Kickoff

• I read that several NFL players, such as Randall Cunningham would not lend their names to the game. So he is represented by QB Eagles, he was awesome.

I played a season where I attempted to get him a 1000 yards on the ground.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m