• I have found a few strategies that work well for pounding the allies earlly on. During the first turn, attack all along the entire front, then blitz as many tanks as possible through the gaps in the line; the allies will never be able to counter-attack such a deep penetration that earlly in the game!!! :evil:  Also, around the 3rd or 4th turn try to surround Bastonge or simply bypass it and plow right through the center of the enemy’s army and on to victory :evil: If anyone has any other ideas or strategies I would like to hear them.

• You can’t really bypass Bastogne. To many roads go through it and continued Allied presence prevents supply of those bypassing units. Also the same for early on break throughs. You can quite possibly leave your tanks out on a limb and useless because they are out of supply if you haven’t mopped up all the straggling Allied infantry. And the blitz doesn’t get you all that much extra ground only one hex after you’d have to stop either in an enemy ZOC or enemy held town.

• oh… I can see now that it does leave your tanks out of supply. :cry: So, how do you keep supplies with blitzing tanks? :?  And how can I take out Bastonge a little faster, preferably before the allies get a HUGE air force? Thanks in advance :-D

• I typically don’t blitz until later in the game, when it’s more likely you’ll be able to steal the Allies’ supplies, as it’s pretty unlikely you’ll be able to use your own supplies after the blitz.

• @Lufftwaffe:

oh… I can see now that it does leave your tanks out of supply. :cry: So, how do you keep supplies with blitzing tanks? :?

Well, the best way is to decide if you’re going to be able to supply those units before you do the blitz unless they’ll end up on an Allied supply dump. You need to think about where you’re going to put your supplies before moving your tanks. Or you decide that the position you gain by the blitz is worth those units being out of supply for a turn.

And how can I take out Bastonge a little faster, preferably before the allies get a HUGE air force? Thanks in advance :-D

That is the question isn’t it? It is usually hold/take Bastogne for the win.

• O.K, so what is the best way to capture and hold Bastogne? And what are some ways that I could avoid the MASSIVE allied air force?

• @Lufftwaffe:

O.K, so what is the best way to capture and hold Bastogne? And what are some ways that I could avoid the MASSIVE allied air force?

You can’t hide from the Allied air force. Keep as many different types of units in a hex as possible to maximize your AA dice.

There is no ‘best’ way to capture Bastogne. Whatever opportunity presents.

• oh… I was hoping there was some way to force the allied air force to split up and attack multiple tagets and end up getting at least a 3rd of 'em shot down. One question; why does the axis army get slowed down so much in the north and south, but then they just roll back the allies center armies like nothing?

• The roads go through the center.

• But there are roads in the north and south ends of the board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m