Does anyone still use paper money (ipc's)?

• We actually had a player mistakenly start recording cash on the button pieces on the board instead of production, then the idea stuck. It’s actually a very convenient way to record cash, and there is zero reason to record production.

• TripleA '12

My gaming group still use paper IPCs and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

• @Mr.Biggg:

We actually had a player mistakenly start recording cash on the button pieces on the board instead of production, then the idea stuck. It’s actually a very convenient way to record cash, and there is zero reason to record production.

so how do you keep track of production?  just count it out every turn?

• @ragnarok628:

When I play AA42, I’m often excited to the point I always topple the production chart.

So we usually end up recalculating that. It’s actually very easy and fast. You take the starting Nat. Prod. substract the territories lost and add the territories conquered. Usually there’s only 4-5 of them, so it’s pretty quick. I know it sounds obvious, but some people just add every IPC value of every territory owned, instead, which is quite longer (well maybe 15 sec longer).

• @ragnarok628:

@Mr.Biggg:

We actually had a player mistakenly start recording cash on the button pieces on the board instead of production, then the idea stuck. It’s actually a very convenient way to record cash, and there is zero reason to record production.

Yeah, we always found ourselves checking it by counting anyways. You don’t have to count every territory though, just add up the couple territories you are up and subtract the couple you are down, takes about 10 seconds.

• I found an IPC pdf file some where(forget where) but i could print of as much as i needed and its been far less complicated…

• @skinny1:

I still use paper IPCs while playing. I like to lay down the cash and the pieces that the cash is buying and watching my opponents faces while I put some battle ships or bombers on the cash. I also like taking a wad of cash from the enemy when I take over their capital. I tried writing the income down but it was too much of a hassle for me. My group prefers the paper money.

i agree completely

• Personally, I just write IPCs down.

But when you don’t have paper money, you can’t fling it in the air and let it rain down on your head, then roll around in it laughing.

• @Endeer:

I found an IPC pdf file some where(forget where) but i could print of as much as i needed and its been far less complicated…

Here is one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/46720/aa50-ipcs-in-pdf-format

Or you can get some official IPCs here:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/industrial-production-certificates-ipc

• Does a monopoly game have enought 10s 5s 1s and 20s to work for A&A?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m