Axis and Allies 1940 complete match in pictures

• interesting way to document a game. i liked it a lot.

but i did not understand, why the british home-fleet not got sunk in G1, or why rome got captured twice. no wonder italy had been in decline!

• That is awesome!!!
    But I have a question? Please tell me if I am wrong, been wrong before.
    I thought US can declare war at the beginning of INCOME phase of round 3 preventing them from any combat until combat phase of turn 4 unless axis attacks them earlier.
    In this game US invades normandy on combat phase of turn 3. I know that just delays the US invasion for a turn but who knows?

• @lamdan:

That is awesome!!!
    I thought US can declare war at the beginning of INCOME phase of round 3 preventing them from any combat until combat phase of turn 4 unless axis attacks them earlier.
    In this game US invades normandy on combat phase of turn 3. I know that just delays the US invasion for a turn but who knows?

Yes, that is correct. The US enters the war in the collect income phase of turn 3. It gets its bonus 30 IPC for being in war this turn, but cannot attack untill turn 4.

• @vontysk:

@lamdan:

That is awesome!!!

Yes, that is correct. The US enters the war in the collect income phase of turn 3. It gets its bonus 30 IPC for being in war this turn, but cannot attack untill turn 4.

Its our third game  so I guess we mis read the rules.  I still think I would have held out with russia,  but we will do it correctly next time.  the fuhrer Kelly Schernick will be happy to hear of this!

• @rock`n:

interesting way to document a game. i liked it a lot.

but i did not understand, why the british home-fleet not got sunk in G1, or why rome got captured twice. no wonder italy had been in decline!

The Fuhrer Kelly Schernik  I think decided that he could suck off some americans from reinforcing Normandy…  I was surprised he kept leaving it open,  but I kept wasting 3 IPC’s for infantry and 6 ipcs for the Sherman Tank Divison  and of course 7 IPC’s for the transport twice… simply to keep 3 IPC’s from Italy.  but I figured America could waste the money if I could keep Italy from reinforcing the western front.

• @rock`n:

interesting way to document a game. i liked it a lot.

Glad you loved my pictures.  I’m a freak for the game as well as my best friend in Austin Tx Kelly Schernik.

• Hi there, great game!  I really enjoyed the way you presented it.  Perhaps you could put more games up in the future.  I like to see how games turn out in the end because we never get to finish ours :P

I have a few comments, not being nit picky but just FYI.

I noticed in slide 50, you attack a sub with a battleship.  This is an illegal move is it not?  As there is no destroyer present.

also in slide 65, consider the following rule change in A.2… quote…

12. The United States Navy, while being neutral, has the following movement restrictions. It can only move to sea zones that are adjacent to US territories in the Atlantic (more specifically Sea zones 101, 89 and 64). US warships (not transports) may also conduct long range patrols into sea zone 102. In the Pacific it can only end naval movements in sea zones that are not adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories and islands.

This leads to a further move in slide 86 which would not have been possible until the following turn.  This may have given the axis and little more time to prepare for your invasion.  Which is needed IMO.

But good game non the less.  I enjoyed it.

• Unless that the other side has dds, submarines always can submerge (and avoid death) before rolling any dices. The german sub coul make a try against the sovie sub, but not against the bb

Also, it’s obvious that they ignored the capital sack rules … indeed this made a better gameplay for them …

A interesting approach for the Axis. I usually prefer boost Kriegsmarine defenses and attack USSR round 3, but I see how this can have its merit. It probably needs a bit of polishment, but it’s good see the good old land push some times

Also, no need of alpha stuff … that’s the way to go!  :-)

• @Funcioneta:

Unless that the other side has dds, submarines always can submerge (and avoid death) before rolling any dices. The german sub coul make a try against the sovie sub, but not against the bb

Also, it’s obvious that they ignored the capital sack rules … indeed this made a better gameplay for them …

A interesting approach for the Axis. I usually prefer boost Kriegsmarine defenses and attack USSR round 3, but I see how this can have its merit. It probably needs a bit of polishment, but it’s good see the good old land push some times

Also, no need of alpha stuff … that’s the way to go!  :-)

It was our third game.  So we kind of screwed up some of the rules after further review.

Battleships I believed could engage a sub without a destroyer. I thought it was only planes that needed a sub?

The Fuhrer Kelly Schernick forgot as I did that Rome was his capitol.  this has to do with the fact that a Minor Industrial is in Rome and his Major is elsewhere.    He should have not given up his capitol so easily

I thought that America could attack on the third turn.  The collect income phase is after combat is done and non combat…  I take responsibility for that.

I hope at the very least folks will enjoy seeing us play .  We are very dedicated fans.  All the rule changes get a bit muddled after 2 turns and 2.5 hours of planning and dedicated execution.  Sometimes I think we need a referee  to keep it all straight.  But its AWESOME.

We will continue to make gameplay photo galleries.  Or at least. I will…  but EXPECT Fuhrer Kelly Schernick to win much more in the future than I… James Wynn.  He’s better at this game than I am.  I got luck on my Defense of France rollls…  and I doubt he will fall for my Belarus (suck in German invading Infantry) counter attack from Bryansk stategy.  He fell for it because Belarus does not have AA guns and he thought his planes would do better and leave enough tanks and men to counter the counter attack.  If you kill the infantry…  you can halt the German invasion for sure…  at least long enough for America and Britian to put pressure on Germany from the West as it should be for WWII.

• pretty cool look forward to your next battle

• I really did enjoy watching your game.  I look forward to more.

• Also the russian sub attack against the german sub on turn 2 is at the germans descretion as he can submerge before any combat that does not have an opposing destroyer.

• I find this great! Thanks a lot!!!

• why the americans on turn 2 are near afrika?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m