• Some people are saying that is enough with holding Hawaii and ignoring the rest (with a goal of 7 VCs)… go figure how strong is the KGF dogma

• @Funcioneta:

Some people are saying that is enough with holding Hawaii and ignoring the rest (with a goal of 7 VCs)… go figure how strong is the KGF dogma

6 victory city… 7 it’s too hard for Japan.

• did Larry’s iq just sunk to rock bottom?
    germany already has it so tough!
    in last game, UK (no sealion) and USSR with soem french help and few americans were enough to halt germany, sending over 60 IPC of US aid to japan
    and japan is key in this game: they are in reach of money

italy is banging on egypt wall, especially with IC
    germany is banging on russian wall

• The victory cities in the Pacific mattering rule should lessen the load on europe. America might have to do like real life. Retake……Wake was it? to make Japanese advancements slower then go europe first for awhile and finally come kick japans butt.

• @Frontovik:

did Larry’s iq just sunk to rock bottom?
    germany already has it so tough!
    in last game, UK (no sealion) and USSR with soem french help and few americans were enough to halt germany, sending over 60 IPC of US aid to japan
    and japan is key in this game: they are in reach of money

italy is banging on egypt wall, especially with IC
    germany is banging on russian wall

Did you read Larry’s actual post?  A lot of the proposals he is currently thinking through will put A LOT more money into the pacific. And give Germany a little better of position at the start.  If the victory conditions change to where Japan can win it all for the axis and the US chooses to minimally go after Japan then Japan should be able to over come their opponents and get thoses 6 cities farily quickly.  Then have a harder go for the 7th.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Techno, how is 70 ipcs enough to kill the Euro Axis? Germany will have about that amount of money, and it only needs to spend 6 ipcs for every 14 ipcs the US spends(2 inf vs inf, art, Transport), leaving it with plenty to fight Russia. Seriously, what in the world are Japan and Germany doing

From what i’ve seen, Germany’s hard pressed devoting all it’s resources to hitting USSR. USA can strike by US4 and Germany’s unlikely to take moscow before G5 - and that’s assuming no Sealion. Without Sealion, the euroUK is still active, tho not a major threat by itself. Combined w USA, the UK becomes v useful to punch holes in German defences. With a Sealion, Germany should be abt halfway to Moscow by the time USA arrives.
    I’d repeat, its the extreme lack of pressure USA currently has on it that facilitates the 70ipcs being quite powerful. Yes it has to waste cash on trannies, but it can also use trannies to land wherever it wants etc, so its not all just cash down the toilet.
    It seems like once the USA arrives in force, euroAxis are screwed. I’ll happily admit that maybe my games havent balanced particularly well or something, but the basic issue of attrition always looked to eventually crush Germany at that point. Ideally Germany should have some ability to hold off the USA even if they land in europe. Maybe a better group of players than mine can reach that equilibrium where tactics come into play once more. And i’m hoping the proposed changes go a v long way to achieve that also.

Hell, it’s probably best to test the proposed changes as an official errata and see what happens; so there’s small steps of change occurring rather than being more drastic. However i suspect the KGF strategy may still be prevelant with that +20 bonus.
    I’d keep in mind that its plausible that with the proposed changes that the USA could actually be 5 ipcs higher than it currently is; and that doesn’t necessarily involve going hard at japan, just taking a few islands in the Pacific.
    Tho i’m desperately hoping Japan will be greedy and want the islands too, hence the Pacific battles are ON, baby!!

• The latest from Larry:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2568&p=30797#p30797

Well some of you… especially you Foremir, will be happy to lean that the UK Government in exile idea is rather quickly fading away as a possible change. In the final annalists it simply aint Axis & Allies. I ran it up the pole to see who saluted it. I often do that… I ended up with more people going AWOL than saluting on this one.

Different subject…
    I’m thinking of adding an airbase (Italian of course) to Sicily. I would then move the fighter presently in S. Italy to the airbase. This aircraft can now scramble. It protects the fleet in the same sea zone and it will prove to be an important defensive position for the Italians if and when the Americans start showing up.

• http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2568&start=312

At the bottom of the page Larry is considering a change to the scrambling rule, by which only three planes may now scramble and Air Bases on land can scramble to adjacent SZ. This change IMO will help save both UK and Italian navies. UK can now scramble to help save some of its units, and in turn Italy can do the same during a UK1 Taranto attack.

• wait guys…Larry is changing his mind again.  Seems to do that every 10 minutes :?
    I give up.  I know…the new setup will be…just open the board and throw some pieces on it and start playing. :wink:

• I really like the new scramble rules. 
      1.  Territories that have airfields should also be able to scramble planes.
      2.  The limit of 3 planes makes it more vital to have navies protect key targets such as Japan
          and Hawaii.
      3.  Now UK can protect against Sealion and Italy can protect against Taranto.
      4.  Don’t forget that Germany can also protect its navy against UK planes.

Overall, Larry has made a lot of great suggestions, and I hope that they all become official.  I realize that some people might find problems after a few games, but overall, the game will be greatly improved!

• from harris game design

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4035

the alpha+ playtest specifications, changes that are made will be in red

• @axisisthebest:

from harris game design

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4035

the alpha+ playtest specifications, changes that are made will be in red

Wow. we have a completely different game now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m