Painted Major ICs, Minors, Strict Neutrals

• isn’t it PycckHH (met ‘j’ signal on last H) for sovjet IC’s?

• @Frontovik:

isn’t it PycckHH (met ‘j’ signal on last H) for sovjet IC’s?

I googled ‘Russia’ in Cyrillic and it gave me POCCHR Россия if you can see that.

The ‘H’ is like a backwards captial N basically.

• Customizer

I’m working on a set of cards for neutrals; these will contain authentic flag designs for the period.

And roundels, natch.

But bear in mind that many colonies did not have flags or armed forces of their own and were completely integrated with their colonial motherland.

• where exaclty are you guys ordering these neutral army peices ur using for your setup’s?i cant find from what game. i have the city peices on order from hasbro for the major IC’s but need info for the nuetral army peices…thanx much

DSC00500.JPG
    DSC00501.JPG
    DSC00502.JPG

• @tytyboogie:

where exaclty are you guys ordering these neutral army peices ur using for your setup’s?i cant find from what game. i have the city peices on order from hasbro for the major IC’s but need info for the nuetral army peices…thanx much

These ones seem to be the A&A Italian infantry units, just repainted.

• @tytyboogie:

where exaclty are you guys ordering these neutral army peices ur using for your setup’s?i cant find from what game. i have the city peices on order from hasbro for the major IC’s but need info for the nuetral army peices…thanx much

First off, badass table you have there man. I WISH I had that much space to try and construct something half as good.

Actually all the neutrals I just used the 1986 second edition infantry. Just mixed up different countries and painted them white, then the flags on the roundels. Not zoomed in 500x they actually don’t look too bad  :lol:

I’m using second edition pieces for the Pro-Allied/Axis as well, Allied will be all blue, Axis all red. Same thing with the flag painted on the roundel.

• I kind of like this idea of the neutrals.  I think I may have to paint up a set.

My Factories are almost done being painted.  I used decals from I-94 Enterprises instead of trying to paint flags on them.  Much easier and it came out nice.

Pics Soon.

Brian

• @docfav7:

I kind of like this idea of the neutrals.  I think I may have to paint up a set.

My Factories are almost done being painted.  I used decals from I-94 Enterprises instead of trying to paint flags on them.  Much easier and it came out nice.

Pics Soon.

Brian

Yeah I considered buying the decals. Makes the overall job look more put together and professional I guess you could say.

How long does shipping take? I live in an APO so unless they’re shipped priorty they’ll take ages to arrive.

• @McLovin1985:

@docfav7:

I kind of like this idea of the neutrals.  I think I may have to paint up a set.

Pics Soon.

Brian

Yeah I considered buying the decals. Makes the overall job look more put together and professional I guess you could say.

How long does shipping take? I live in an APO so unless they’re shipped priorty they’ll take ages to arrive.

An Army Post Office? Are you overseas?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@docfav7:

Pics Soon.

Brian

Yep, in South Korea. If I have items from the states shipped to me Priorty Mail they arrive in about 6-10 days which isn’t bad for being half way around the world.

• @McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@docfav7:

Pics Soon.

Brian

Yep, in South Korea. If I have items from the states shipped to me Priorty Mail they arrive in about 6-10 days which isn’t bad for being half way around the world.

South Korea. It’s one of the US bases that makes sense, unlike Germany, Britain, and Spain

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@docfav7:

Pics Soon.

Brian

South Korea. It’s one of the US bases that makes sense, unlike Germany, Britain, and Spain

Gotta keep the American empire strong  :wink:

• @McLovin1985:

Regular post takes a couple of days to get across the country.

• Customizer

These look great, what does the Japanese writing on the factories translate to?

• @Most:

These look great, what does the Japanese writing on the factories translate to?

‘Nippon’ Japanese for Japan.

• @docfav7:

@McLovin1985:

Well, he’s in korea

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@docfav7:

@McLovin1985:

Well, he’s in korea

Yeah, I ordered AAP40 from a company on Ebay. I told them to ship it Priorty, they shipped it Parcel and it took 7 weeks to arrive! (They didn’t hold it, only waited 1 day after I paid to ship it so that wasn’t the factor) I was pissed to say the least.

• @McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@docfav7:

@McLovin1985:

Well, he’s in korea

Yeah, I ordered AAP40 from a company on Ebay. I told them to ship it Priorty, they shipped it Parcel and it took 7 weeks to arrive! (They didn’t hold it, only waited 1 day after I paid to ship it so that wasn’t the factor) I was pissed to say the least.

Do you have a freind who lives in Korea who can recieve the game via regular international shipping?

• thanx Mclovin…i was just thinking the same thing that the 2nd edition game i have just chilling in the closet would be a great choice to paint some neutral armies with…blue for allies?what shade of blue if france is already blue? red sounds great for axis actually…i noticed grey being used for strict neutrals as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          mclovin    " Actually all the neutrals I just used the 1986 second edition infantry. Just mixed up different countries and painted them white, then the flags on the roundels. Not zoomed in 500x they actually don’t look too bad

I’m using second edition pieces for the Pro-Allied/Axis as well, Allied will be all blue, Axis all red. Same thing with the flag painted on the roundel."

• That is really good looking work.  I just paint my buildings in the national color, use aluminum for the “glass” and black for the smoke stacks.  Sometimes I will add a star or a Japanese red dot as an extra.  I would never have the courage to paint the flags (and then photograph them!!).  Painting the infantry is the toughest for me because they take several colors.  Uniform color - Brown for boots and rifle - Tan for the face and hands - Aluminum for the bayonette - sometimes a dot on the helmet.  I really love the look of the painted ships best.  Usually the deck is one color, the hull is Navy Grey and the superstructure is aluminum.  Sometimes I do something else.  The US superstructures are also Navy grey and not aluminum, for example.  Tanks and artillery are easy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m