• Forgive me for placing another question on the table but the game is getting hot. If the Italian wants to attack the british warships in sea zone 98 but he is still in Italy and Malta and Cyprus are still in British control with no units on them. Does he have to capture Malta or Cyprus first or can he pass with his warships and have a sea battle in zone 98? Thank you again in advance.

• Why would British control of Malta/Cyprus prevent Italian ships from attacking Z98?

• Because i am with the impression that if there is an island that is controlled by an enemy force then that sea zone (around the island) is considered controlled by the enemy so you have to stop and have a battle. In this case make amphibious assault to take Malta before you can advance is Sz 98 at your next turn. Or can you go at the same turn since there are no units on Malta to defend and it is considered a battle that is winned.

• @orcageo:

Because i am with the impression that if there is an island that is controlled by an enemy force then that sea zone (around the island) is considered controlled by the enemy so you have to stop and have a battle. In this case make amphibious assault to take Malta before you can advance is Sz 98 at your next turn. Or can you go at the same turn since there are no units on Malta to defend and it is considered a battle that is winned.

Well, that impression is false.

• Official Q&A

Islands don’t control the sea zones around them.  The ships may pass, whether or not the island is occupied.

• ok thank you guys!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m