• My prediction: Lions will suck, like always  :roll:

• For Once I am proud of my home team. All I ask is for the Houston Texans to make it to the playoffs and I will be one happy fan.

• @molinar13:

For Once I am proud of my home team. All I ask is for the Houston Texans to make it to the playoffs and I will be one happy fan.

I miss the Houston Oilers.

• @ABWorsham:

@molinar13:

For Once I am proud of my home team. All I ask is for the Houston Texans to make it to the playoffs and I will be one happy fan.

I miss the Dallas Cowboys.

• @Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

@molinar13:

I hear you, I’m a huge Dallas Fan. I was spoiled growing up in the 90’s.

• My prediction: Ravens and ?  My hope: ? @ Panthers and Panthers win

• @ABWorsham:

@Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

@molinar13:

I hear you, I’m a huge Dallas Fan. I was spoiled growing up in the 90’s.

Today wasn’t so bad, now was it?  Let’s see more of that…I think they were finding their stride.  Roy Williams also appears to be productive this year.  I guess Dez being #3 scares him.

That’s it Favre. Hang up your helmet it’s time to go home, unless you pull some miracle up that we can make a movie about in 20 years.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

That’s it Favre. Hang up your helmet it’s time to go home, unless you pull some miracle up that we can make a movie about in 20 years.

GG

I’ve been saying this about Favre for three years.

• As a Bears fan, I am pleasantly surprised.

Only undefeated team inthe NFC?  Hard to believe it’s true.
    I have to admit, I had us pegged at 1-2 to this point.

I love the win over Green Bay.

• The Cowboys lost today and the Rangers lost, the Dallas/Fort Worth area will be in an uproar.

Yes they are. I do not care that much about sports to join them.

GG

• @ABWorsham:

The Cowboys lost today and the Rangers lost, the Dallas/Fort Worth area will be in an uproar.

Yeah, my weekend was crap.  Rangers couldn’t take either game at home.  Romo defeats the Cowboys.  And my fantasy team had the worst possible showing it could have (although plagued by injuries)…

• @Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

The Cowboys lost today and the Rangers lost, the Dallas/Fort Worth area will be in an uproar.

Yeah, my weekend was crap.  Rangers couldn’t take either game at home.  Romo defeats the Cowboys.  And my fantasy team had the worst possible showing it could have (although plagued by injuries)…

I can’t see Wade Phillips or Jason Garrett there next year. Jones is going to have to bring a real headcoach in.

• @ABWorsham:

@Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

I can’t see Wade Phillips or Jason Garrett there next year. Jones is going to have to bring a real headcoach in.

Wade I don’t think has much of a problem.  If anything, he needs to get on the players’ asses to get them fired up.  Jason could definitely go.  His choice of plays are ridiculous sometimes, and it doesn’t help when the team is shooting themselves in the foot already.  I think overall, Romo is the key.  He’s a good QB but makes critical mistakes, usually when it matters most so that he either loses the game or sets the Cowboys behind to play catchup.  The D is pretty good (except with all those turnovers happen and they are constantly on the field), and I believe that is Wade’s deal.

The last game they were killing themselves with dumb mistakes and not following through.  It was almost like they gave up or something.

• Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach, not head coach material. I listen to a couple of press conferences a week; he comes across as weak. No backbone. He refuses to call out players for dumb mistakes.

Jason Garett was stupid not taking the head coach job in Baltimore. I think the head coaching door has closed on him.

Romo, I do think he is a top ten qb in the NFL. He has had five interceptions this year off deflections. My problem with Romo is his unwillingness to take leadership on the sidelines. Like it or not, a qb is a leadership postion.

The Defence runs a great scheme. D Ware is a monster. However the defence has no ‘ball hawk’.The team has been in the bottom half the past ten years in interceptions.  And they have very little attitude, to many ‘good ol’ boys.

• I agree, there just doesn’t seem to be a leader on either side of the ball that has a “killer instinct.”  Nothing like a Ray Lewis or Drew Brees.

• @RogertheShrubber:

I agree, there just doesn’t seem to be a leader on either side of the ball that has a “killer instinct.”  Nothing like a Ray Lewis or Drew Brees.

I think Dez Bryant can be that, but not as a rookie.

• @ABWorsham:

Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach, not head coach material. I listen to a couple of press conferences a week; he comes across as weak. No backbone. He refuses to call out players for dumb mistakes.

Jason Garett was stupid not taking the head coach job in Baltimore. I think the head coaching door has closed on him.

Romo, I do think he is a top ten qb in the NFL. He has had five interceptions this year off deflections. My problem with Romo is his unwillingness to take leadership on the sidelines. Like it or not, a qb is a leadership postion.

The Defence runs a great scheme. D Ware is a monster. However the defence has no ‘ball hawk’.The team has been in the bottom half the past ten years in interceptions.  And they have very little attitude, to many ‘good ol’ boys.

I must have missed the interceptions on deflections cause it sure looked like to me in the last game he was throwing into double coverage or right at the Titans.

I don’t think they really need to focus on getting interceptions.  Sure, they are great to get, but overall D is better.  For instance, I have the Ravens D in fantasy.  Last I checked, they had no interceptions (effectively getting me hardly any points each week), but they also had the best defense (yards allowed) in the league.  Ware, Brooking, maybe even Ratliff could head the D.

Romo sure does need to step it up.  Barber always looks pumped, but I have a good feeling about Felix Jones taking his spot.  I think Austin would be a likely captain/cocaptain as he always seems positive and comes through.

On another note, I am impressed with Roy Williams this year.  He’s actually doing something, keeping quiet, and looks like a changed man.

And how about them Rangers???!?!?  :mrgreen:

• I have a question for the Cowboys fans. Why are they called America’s Team? I live in Omaha, NE and follow the Chiefs. I do not like Dallas and find it insulting that the blanket statement means that everyone likes Dallas. I do not. My 2 favorite teams are Kansas City and whoever is playing against Dallas or Denver. Why not say that the Chiefs are America’s Team? Would Cowboy fans like that? I don’t mean to sound like an a**hole but it just irks me to no end to hear that every time someone on tv is talking about Dallas and I want to understand why it is said in the first place.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m