How many mistakes on Europe 40??? Let's wager ;)

• Actually, abx, I like your spelling of it better  :wink:

BTW I am fully expecting to receive too few Italian pieces. I really feel that they can be a major power in this game.

• I plan on raiding AA50 for Italian tanks…and if I feel I’m short pieces then I’ll get em from AA50 as well.  But i agree with one of the above post (whoever it was). Only a fool makes the same mistake twice and if there are many mistakes in AAE40 then my opinion of WOTC will be a poor one.

• @Krieghund:

Outmatched?  I think not.

There’s no denying that the quality of AAP40 was lacking.  I never said that it wasn’t.  However, there is as yet no “evidence” that AAE40 will suffer from the same problems.  There are only expectations based on past performance.  While these expectations do carry weight, they are not conclusive, as things can change.

At any rate, my opinion is what it is.  The complaints about AAP40 are justified, for the most part.  However, speculation about potential mistakes in AAE40 in this way is just mean-spirited.  How about we hold the complaints until there is actually something to complain about?

1. Outmatched…yes…check the poll man. :?

2. I guessed I’m mean-spirited then.  LOL.  I’m sure WOTC is crying about that. :lol:

3. This is not in any way about you or Larry, its just another shot at WOTC- something to pass the time as we impatiently wait for this game. :|

4. Field Marshall Games should have produced these games. 8-)

• There has not, not once, ever been a perfect board game.

And I know some office junkie is going to sarcastically list something like Monopoly or Sorry. No, those where not perfect. Neither is AA50. Or Twilight Imperium, or A&A Pacific 1940.

But you know what? They’re still great games. I fully expect Europe 1940 to have a few mistakes and still be great. If it didn’t have any mistakes at all, something has gone horribly wrong.

• I am not sure why Krieg even answered a moron with 4 accounts.

That was my own gratuitous one liner of the day

oh yea, forgot I must add a useless digit, here :

• @Krieghund:

There are only expectations based on past performance.

Isn’t this called logical thinking.
    But still I agree it is in bad taste to complain about expected mistakes. This only hurts sales and thus decreases the odds of future games/reprints.

I vote 7+ based on what i hear about AAP40, but I don’t really care about a few typos. I would be disappointed if they removed some of Italian unique sculpts. Is it true that Italy no longer has its own tank? (someone who knows, not just speculation). If so why? don’t they already have the sculpts/pieces? (This is legitimate since it is based on pictures of the game rather than just speculation)

• Official Q&A

@Wilson2:

I would be disappointed if they removed some of Italian unique sculpts. Is it true that Italy no longer has its own tank? (someone who knows, not just speculation). If so why? don’t they already have the sculpts/pieces? (This is legitimate since it is based on pictures of the game rather than just speculation)

Yes, it’s true, unfortunately.  There were some technical problems with the Italian tank sculpt used for AA50, so it was dropped for this game.  Larry and I are as disappointed as you are.

• @Axisgirl:

Allboxcars is a sock?

Nope.
    That would imply I care sufficiently to generate ersatz support for my postings.

• Krieg, did something happen to the old molds from AA50?

• @reloader-1:

BTW I am fully expecting to receive too few Italian pieces. I really feel that they can be a major power in this game.

Agreed. There is some potential there and hopefully WOTC doesn’t short us.

• I think he’s worried that WOTC will not give enough Italian pieces on the presumption that Italy will be a minor nation and not gain the IPCs to crank out a lot of units on a broad front or otherwise creating the requirement for something other than chips.

It’s just people getting nervous and over eager for the other half of the game.  And bitching about how AAP40 turned out. Glass half-empty stuff IMTO.

• @Krieghund:

@Wilson2:

I would be disappointed if they removed some of Italian unique sculpts. Is it true that Italy no longer has its own tank? (someone who knows, not just speculation). If so why? don’t they already have the sculpts/pieces? (This is legitimate since it is based on pictures of the game rather than just speculation)

Yes, it’s true, unfortunately.  There were some technical problems with the Italian tank sculpt used for AA50, so it was dropped for this game.  Larry and I are as disappointed as you are.

I have a couple of AA50 games so I can use those Italian tanks as replacements.  However FMG already has piece sets coming out for each country so I will buy them when they all come out.  Leave it to a company that cares to actually fix the scores of mistakes WOTC makes.  I wish FMG could have made this game. :cry:

• I agree with Krieghund its in poor taste to judge something before you even see it, man

• @Axisgirl:

Hey on the the Europe 40 box…Who are the people on the front? I only know Patton

Who never gave an order more sophisticated than “charge” btw

OK haven’t seen the box art for awhile… but I think it’s Marshal and Zhukov isn’t it?
    Must be somebody else… sigh must I look for the link?  :|

OK throw in Rommel for good measure.  That guy’s like a ghost eh?

• TripleA '12

Okay, so does anybody know what Tank sculpts the Italians will be getting?

• Its Patton Rommel Marshall and I have no idea who the Russian is but its definitely not Zhukov

• @mike:

Its Patton Rommel Marshall and I have no idea who the Russian is but its definitely not Zhukov

my bad. it’s Chuikov I think

• @Yoper:

While I agree with the intent of this thread, I am realistic enough to know that it won’t have the impact that it should.

I have tried before, many times, to publicly embarrass WotC about their work.  And all that has really happened is for the players to get themselves “torqued” up.

They don’t pay attention to these kinds of threads.  Sorry, but its true.  The only time they react is when directly confronted by the people, as exhibited by Q’s reprint petition or the disgust concerning the tac bombers and battlestrip.

It may not be nice to start such a thread, but they have only themselves to blame for such speculation.   :-P

Well said, you should be a journalist.

Got a little secret though- after several phone calls, emails and direct contact with the Reprint Petition, WOTC hasn’t “reacted” to ANYTHING.

I’m not really sweatin it though will Global coming out.  If they don’t respond to anything anyway then at the very least this thread I made entertains us all. :-)

I’m gonna e-mail this poll to them anyway for kicks. :lol:

Gee look at that, over 60% beleive that E40 will have at least 3+ mistakes in it- WOW- THAT’S AMAZING. DAR-DAR. :?

• my money on 7+

• I’m not sure how to respond to this tread. You know there will be mistakes, but I think your putting the cart before the horse here. I’m going to take the high road and just say there will be fewer problems with the Euro side, and playing both games together will be well worth any aggravation caused by Pac. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m